Chapter 37

Last chapter for a while, guys, I've been working on a lot lately and with the holidays and finals coming up I need a break from something. Hopefully, this won't be as long as my normal hiatuses *cough* all of my books *cough*

EDIT: you can tell that I had intentions of finishing this before Christmas and New Years XD

---

"Evan, we don't need the air conditioner, it's literally winter!" Scott said to Evan as he began to complain.

"It's too hot in here." He whined, smiling at him.

"Unlike you." Scott playfully spoke, poking Evan's face.

"Come on, Scott! You know I'm hot as hell!" Evan joked, lightly hitting his boyfriend's shoulder as Craig drove the couple back to Evan's apartment. The demon smiled as he caught a glimpse of the two in the rear view mirror.

For a second, he almost felt human.

----

"He's a walking time-bomb, I want him dead." The angel hissed with subdued fury, her pure white wings spread out behind her in rage only to return to their peaceful folded position seconds later. "You know I do not wish death upon creatures lightly."

Swiftly, she turned her half-frozen mild glare on the trapped being, its arms fighting the confinements. "Geez, was he the first to not want an in to your pants or something? What the hell did he do?" The demon didn't think about what he said, and the angel became frustrated with her naturally peaceful nature. In Heaven, she was unable to perform the tasks which she imaged in her sinful mind.

At least, she wanted to slap him straight across the face. But instead she fumed with a look of contempt.

"Someone's on her period." The demon smirked, eyes narrowed playfully, wrinkling the three parallel scars on his left eyebrow.

"Screw it." She snarled to herself as she spun around and back-handed the demon. "Now, tell me what I want to know. Now."

----

"Craig, can I talk to you real quick?" Jonathan asked as Craig started walking towards his car. Him and Tyler had just dropped everyone off at their hotel.

"Yeah, sure. Be right back, babe." He added to Tyler as he shut the door and followed Jonathan to the side of the front door. "What's up?"

"You have to help me get back with Evan, I-"

"Alright, let me stop you right there, okay? You and Evan? You guys are never going to work out, especially since you two didn't out the first two times you tried it. No, no, absolutely not." Craig shook his head, turning to leave only to be stopped by Jonathan firmly gripping his arm.

"Please," He begged, looking at the demon with as much pity that he could muster. "Seeing him with Scott is killing me."

Craig rolled his eyes, although his expression involuntarily softened. "Just because I'm your guardian does not change the fact that Evan is family, and I've watched you hurt him twice. Tell me, Jon, what's the point of helping you if I'm just going to watch this crash and burn again? What's the point in helping you get him back just to watch you throw him away again?"

"Dude, I won't do that. Not again. Trust me, I know better now-"

"Do you really, Jon? Because I thought you knew better the first time around, and look what happened, and I thought that you had figured out what to do the second time around, and look what happened! Evan is finally happy with someone! And just because that someone isn't you, doesn't mean you ruin that for him. He deserves it, you don't."

Jonathan sighed. "I know, Craig, trust me, I know. Ever since this was all brought up again, there hasn't been a single second that I'm with you where I haven't been reminded about it. Everyone is pinning all the blame on me, because of what I did, but whether you like it or not, Evan still has feelings for me. You know it, all of you. Even though he is trying so hard to get rid of them, they are still there."

"No, they are not. He's over you, it took a while, but he is. Stop trying to manipulate everyone into helping you, because everyone who helps you gets hurt in the process. You nearly destroyed Tyler and I's relationship the first time around! I know you think that maybe it would be different if you got someone who could relate to his species, but that doesn't matter, Jon. Just because he's a supernatural being does not mean his feelings work differently. If he doesn't want you now, which he doesn't, then he won't want you after a thousand apologies and promises that you'll change, okay?"

Jonathan shook his head, refusing to believe everything that came out of the demon's mouth. "Just because you're saying that it's not going to work doesn't mean it won't."

The two stared at each other in silence for a few heartbeats, Craig's glare perfectly balanced as he locked eyes with Jonathan's perfectly calm ones. "Please." The human whispered faintly.

Eventually, Craig sighed, relaxing his shoulders as he closed his eyes for a few seconds. "Fine, what's your plan?"

----

"Get the door, babe." Evan mumbled against Scott's side, his eyes still closed as he pulled the blankets closer around him. "Then come back to bed because you're warm."

Scott smiled at him, ruffling his hair as he slid out of bed, yawning as he pulled down his shirt.

"Yeah?" He asked as he opened the door, rubbing his eyes. He was greeted by the guys, including his roommates John and Smitty. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to surprise you guys!" Brock exclaimed dramatically, doing jazz hands.

"Yeah, that's enough of that." Marcel said, patting his friend's shoulders.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you guys! But, Evan's asleep right now, so..." Scott trailed off, moving out of the doorway to let them in.

"That's fine, he wouldn't mind us staying over." Craig said, smiling. Tyler rolled his eyes at his boyfriend.

"You're just saying that because you want a good look at the place." Tyler joked, slugging Craig's arm playfully.

"We're here to support you, Scott." Smitty said, both him and John looking a bit awkward and out of place next to Evan's group of friends.

Scott laughed a bit as he closed the door behind them. "I know you are, but come on! Get to know everyone! Meanwhile, I'll tell Evan that you're here. Don't break anything, he'll most likely get mad."

"I know." Craig said gravely, thinking back to a time where he had accidentally broken one of Evan's figures that he had in his room back when they still lived in hell.

--

"Ev, you're friends are here along with my roommates." Scott lightly shook his sleeping boyfriend, who was curled up on the right side of the bed.

Evan let out a small groan before mumbling a few words. "Okay, do I have to get up?" He let out a small yawn before nuzzling into his pillow. "I'm tired."

Scott bent down and kissed the top of his head. "I know you are, babe, I just wanted to tell you so you don't get freaked out if they end up staying the night, okay? Go back to sleep, I'll make sure they don't break anything."