Chapter 21

I didn't go to school today and forgot I had to update, sorry 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a day since the party, and Evan had still not come out of his room.

Jonathan knocked a few more times, and Evan really had to try not to open the door and punch him right then and there. He needed a plan.

Luckily, that plan came to mind around three in the morning when his depression had started to fade out, leaving room for the anger that began to flow in.

At last, he finally pushed himself up from the floor, where he had been for the past day and a half or so. He felt weak with hunger, as well as also being dehydrated.

He looked around his room, thankfully seeing a water bottle on his night stand next to his phone. Slowly making his way over, he sat on the bed and drank the entire thing. His stomach growled, but he decided that food would have to wait.

Settling into his bed, his plan roughly formed in his head, he shut his eyes and pulled the blanket around him.

For the first time in the past couple days, he allowed himself to slip into a peaceful sleep.

--

The next morning, Evan woke up pretty early, around eight-five hours of sleep was pretty good for someone in his position.

He got dressed in his usual black attire- ripped jeans, high tops, t-shirt, and a hoodie- fixed his hair with a few quick swipes of his hand, checking himself out using his phone.

Without thinking, he opened the door to his room with a smile, not even closing it behind him as he went downstairs.

"Hey." He said, happy, but not that happy, sadness still seeped into his words.

The guys looked up- Jonathan thankfully wasn't there- startled to see how good of a mood Evan was in.

"Hey, Ev, you feeling better?" Craig asked, smiling at him as Evan nodded.

"Yup, very." Evan held a glint of anger and mischief in his eyes, but the guys blew it off since it was normal. He glanced towards the stairs. "Does anyone know if Jonathan is up? I have to speak with him."

"I really don't know." Tyler said, his mouth full of food. "He might be."

"Is everything good between you guys?" Marcel asked. "It seems like you two have been avoiding each other."

Evan glanced up the stairs. "I'm gonna go check." He avoided his friend's question easily.

--

"Guys, lets go somewhere." Craig said as soon as Evan left the room. "Now."

Tyler looked at Craig, and immediately understood what he was saying. "Yeah, that sounds good." He jerked his head upstairs.

It took a second, but it clicked in the group's heads, and they all stood up in unison.

"Tyler, you driving?" David asked as he shrugged on his jacket, tossing Tyler the keys.

"Yeah, hop in." They were outside in an instant, climbing into the car, despite it being somewhat cramped. To be honest, anything seems better than there.

--

He pounded on the door, three times, nothing gentle about it.

Evan was pissed, and was making sure that Jonathan knew that. He waited for a minute, then knocked three more times.

"Hey, wake up!" He shouted through the door, knowing the only reason everyone left was because of him.

He had to do this right now, before he calmed down and shoved everything aside.

"Ugh, do we have to talk right now?" Jonathan spoke through the door, being unfazed by Evan's obvious anger.

"Yes, now open the fucking door." Emotions kept running through his head, thoughts creeping in as well.

Don't do this, Ev. This is the only thing that's gonna last. Nothing else is going to keep you grounded like he can.

Ev, this is good, don't listen to that thing. You don't need Jonathan, you lived without him, you can do it again.

You want things to be different this time around? Forgive him, Evan, do it.

The door opened, and Evan blocked out all his thoughts as he immediately slapped the boy in front of him.

"That," He started, pushing his way into the room. "Was just because you're a dick."

"Ow, what the hell, Evan? Are you ok-"

"Shut the fuck up, this time you're gonna listen to me, got it?" He grabbed his collar and pulled him against him, his eyes darkened without him knowing as Jonathan weakly nodded.

Evan let go, giving Jonathan a push- he stumbled backwards as the hybrid began to pace, deciding his next move.

Suddenly he stopped, and spun around to make direct eye contact with Jonathan.

"I don't get you," he started, looking the human over. "I really don't. One minute you're super nice and sweet and just the greatest person ever, and the next? You're an absolute fucking asshole."

Evan slapped him again, putting more anger and pain into it. "That's for what you did the first time around." Jonathan whimpered in pain.

Finally, Evan clenched one of his fists and drew it back quickly before he swung as hard as he could, pouring every bit of anger and hatred he had into it as it made contact with Jonathan's face.

Blood began to flow from Jonathan's nose- after Evan heard a very satisfying crack- and Evan looked at him, his eyes nearly black.

"And that, was because of the shit you decided to pull a few nights ago." Jonathan cried out in pain as his adrenaline faded.

But Evan had one last trick.

He grabbed his head and pressed their lips together one more time, letting the blood slip between them, becoming a part of the kiss as well.

Jonathan, well, he immediately felt the kiss, it was just like their first. He wanted it to last forever, to be stuck in this moment for the rest of his life.

Honestly, the only way he could describe it was as the best kiss of his life.

But Evan pulled back, blood staining his lips as he smirked at the human.

"That, was just for me to be honest." He wiped the blood off his lips and left.

The crazy part was, that despite the blood flowing from his probably broken nose, Jonathan still ran after him.