Chapter 1

White. That awful color is all I could see, it was on the walls, the ceiling, in every possible shade you could have it. Not cream, I can stand cream, it was purely white, and I hated it.

This is not where I was supposed to end up.

------------------------------------------------------------

"How?" It was the first thing that left his lips, and it wasn't just a question, it was a demand. He required answers, and Evan had to supply them.

The hybrid sighed, once again running a hand through his hair. "It's complicated." He said, tearing his gaze away from the human and instead gazing behind him and into his apartment. "So, college, huh? How is it?"

"Don't change the subject." Jonathan had gotten closer to the hybrid, staring him straight in the eyes. "It's been four years, answer me."

Evan's eyes darkened, already his temper was flaring. He jabbed a finger into the boy's chest. "Trust me when I say you don't want to do this, we weren't dating, you'll get an explanation when everyone else does. Just because I'm here doesn't make you fucking special."

"Really? Then why did you come here? Don't you have a best friend who misses you?" If that's how Evan wanted to play, then that's how he was gonna play.

"It's been four years, I wanted to relax for once instead of immediately being bombarded with all these questions, but apparently I was wrong, it's an interrogation either way." Evan snarled.

"Of course it is, it's been four years!" Jonathan countered, as if being a hybrid left him immune to common human decency. "Honestly, did you think it was that simple? That when you got back there wouldn-"

Evan grabbed Jonathan's face and pulled him in for a kiss, hoping to shut him up like he was once able to do with him.

Somehow, they ended up inside the apartment, the front door closed behind them, which Evan had now pressed Jonathan up against.

A few minutes into the make out session later, Evan pulled away, a smirk reflected in his eyes. "Do I still owe an explanation?" Amusement laced his voice.

"Not if you kiss me one more time." Jonathan begged, not realizing how much he had missed Evan's kiss, probably because it had been washed away by Luke.

Evan shrugged, pressing him against the door once more as they returned to making out. To make sure it didn't go any farther, he held both of the human's arms against the door beside him.

This time, he pulled away a bit slower, and Jonathan tried to chase after the hybrid's lips, moving his head forward with his eyes still closed. Internally laughing, Evan brushed his lips against Jonathan's before pulling away completely.

"I'll admit, I did kind of miss that." Evan said, releasing Jonathan's arms as he ventured further into the apartment. "Nice place you got here, any roommates?"

"Oh, thanks, but it's just me here, I really didn't want to-Hey! You can't do that!" Jonathan said, immediately pointing at Evan accusingly.

Evan looked at Jonathan innocently, leaning against the wall that separated the living room from the kitchen. "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm just trying to be invested in your life, I have been away for four years." He dragged out the last few words, turning his gaze from the ground to Jonathan's soft eyes.

For a second, Jonathan looked confused, like Evan had really convinced him nothing happened at all, but then he shook his head, taking a few steps towards the smirking hybrid.

"You know what I'm talking about, Evan. You can't just make out with me, twice may I add, and then act like nothing happened!"

Again, Evan's eyes twitched in both anger and amusement, with a slight touch of bitter. "Oh, really? Is that so? Because if I recall correctly, isn't that exactly what you did to me, what is it, four and a half years ago? Thinking that a kiss could just make all the problems with us disappear?"

"Really? Still with that? When will you let that go? Come on, it's been four years, sorry, four and a half, and I've told you I'm sorry so many times already."

"So? What's your point?" Evan's voice still held that same edge, despite the fact that he was half angel.

"My point is that we should be dating! So, I ask once again, will you be my boyfriend?" Jonathan had given up, looking at Evan with the best puppy dog face he could manage, his arms spread out.

Evan shook his head, standing up straight as he pushed off the wall, his arms crossed and his eyes locked with Jonathan as he said "No."

"What? Why not?" Jonathan was outraged, he was repeating history with this guy all over again.

"Because I want you to prove it, prove how sorry you are." Their eyes were still locked, and his voice was dead serious.

"Where is all this coming from?"

"Well, remember that time when you were criticizing how I forgave people? Back when me and Craig had that big argument, and you complained about how I just forgave him?"

Jonathan crossed his arms and placed an unknowing look on his face as he swayed guiltily from side to side. "Nope, don't know what you're talking about."

Evan scoffed. "Of course you do, well, it's back, and it's here to bite you in the ass. So, prove it, prove how much you love me. Until then, it's a solid no. Got a problem with that, then fix it yourself." He jumped onto the couch. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to sleep for the next fourteen hours or so, don't bug me unless there's someone at the door who knows me."

"Alright." Jonathan said quietly, returning to the kitchen where his now cold meal sat, and his once fizzy drink had probably gone flat.

Meanwhile, Evan settled onto the dark gray, nearly black, couch, content with how uncomfortable it was to sleep in. He was tired of feathery beds, so this was like a dream come true.

Within a matter of seconds, he was fast asleep, for once not having a care in the world.