Chapter 4

Hi I'm halfway to having 666 followers and my friend likes to draw pentagrams also mini got a girlfriend like GG mate

-------------

Evan was slammed against the wall, his lips locked with the boy in front of him, his arms wrapped around his neck.

"Damn," he mumbled against his lips, closing his eyes as he let it happen. "Guess you really missed me, huh?"

"Of course I did." Jonathan said, pulling Evan towards his bed, lightly pushing him onto it, still kissing him.

The hybrid's newly pierced lip ached, but he still kissed the human he had missed so dearly, getting a moment of relief as they pulled away so Jonathan could pull off his shirt.

"You know, I get the appeal of this now." Evan said as they pulled away again, panting.

"Explain." Jonathan sounded like he wasn't paying attention, but he was, he was just out of breath.

"I don't know, I just like the rush. Doesn't mean I'm gonna date you, though." Evan sat up, one half of his flannel was hanging off his shoulder and his hair was all disheveled.

"Are you kidding me? Even sleeping with you isn't gonna work?" Jonathan said, looking at him in disbelief. "What is going to get you to date me?"

"When it happens, I'll tell you. Now do you want to continue or do you want to do homework?" Evan said, fixing his flannel with a quick jerk of his shoulder and fixed his hair with a quick run through of his hand.

"I'll just do homework, it's not worth it." Jonathan said sadly, hoping that the guilt would get to Evan.

However, the hybrid hopped off the bed, winking at Jonathan as he left. "Alright, have fun with calculus."

----

"You're a dick." Jonathan said, walking into the kitchen where Evan was sat on the counter, eating a bag of chips.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I gave you a valid option." Evan spoke with his mouth full.

"And I thought you'd stay!" Jonathan said, opening the fridge.

"Well, you thought wrong, I'm my own person, you should account for that." Evan said, rolling his eyes.

"What is with you?" Jonathan asked, deciding enough was enough. "What is with all your new found attitude?"

Evan hopped off the counter, getting face to face with Jonathan. "My 'attitude' has always been there, nothing new about it." He slammed the chips onto the counter, creating a rather loud crunching sound.

"Well, its new to me, what happened in four years?" Jonathan asked, holding his ground against the hybrid, which was actually quite hard.

Evan turned away, walking away with a sigh and running a hand through his hair once again. "I told you, it's complicated, and I really want to tell Craig first, so, please just deal with it for now. I'm trying, I really am, but," he paused, looking at the human again. "You have no idea how hard it is to re-adjust to human life, especially after four fucking years of making people stay away from you. I'm sorry, but please just deal with me."

Evan left the kitchen, Jonathan stood still as he tried to decipher what the hybrid had said, hearing the door open and close behind him.

----

"Go away." My voice was firm and cold, and I hoped it was scary enough to drive that feathery freak away from me.

"Come on, just tell me your name." He was persistent, that was the thing about these fucks, they never went away. So nice, so polite, makes me fucking sick.

"Fuck off." I spoke in my harshest voice, cursing usually worked, scared them, made them go want to pray for forgiveness. Wimps.

"You can't say that here, but it's okay, He'll forgive you." Some people can't take a hint.

I slammed my fist on the table, sitting up and spinning around to face him. My eyes flashed red, I could tell, this guy just pissed off the demon.

"I told you to fuck off, now leave me the hell alone, freak." Others were staring, shaking as they waited for what I was going to do next. Would I hit the kid? Or just make him cry?

"I-I'm sorry." He spoke quickly, scrambling backwards and running away quickly. Perfect, alone once again, and I'm pretty sure I saw tears in his eyes.

I looked around, people were still staring. I fake lunged at them. "The fuck are you all looking at?" They turned around, some of them ran.

Those that stayed though, they got to see my wings appear for just a split second, and that's what got them to leave, run as fast as they can. Away from the scary hybrid wearing all black and sitting alone in the park.

I just wanted to go home. I don't belong here, I never have.

----

He tried to be quiet, opening the door with a small 'click' and closing it with another one. Tiptoeing over to the couch, sliding off his shoes and placing them next to the bag of clothes he had bought the day before.

Laying down, he sighed with relief, closing his eyes and beginning to fall asleep when the light turned on.

"Oh, come the fuck on!" He said, sitting up and looking at Jonathan, who was stood next to the light switch. "What more do you want from me? Want me to leave? I can leave!" He was now standing.

"I'm not keeping you here. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you've been gone all day!"

"Why do you care? I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm not your boyfriend! Why do you care so much about me?"

"Because before we were dating we were friends! I care about my friends! Not to mention you've been dead for four years! You really think I want to lose you again after I just got you back?"

"So? Like you said earlier, I'm not me. I'm a dick, I can't do anything right, I'm too scared to face my problems so I avoid my best friend for as long as I can before everything happens and the danger is here and I have no choice! I'm even more of a mess than I was four years ago! You shouldn't care about what happens to me..." His gaze fell to the floor, his eyes blinking rapidly, he had promised himself that this time it would be different. He'd be tougher, better, stronger, more determined, fearless.

Jonathan slowly got closer to the boy, realizing that he had never thought for a second coming back would be hard for him. Once again all he had been thinking about was himself.

"I do care about you, Evan. Of course I do, I love you. Even if sometimes, it may not seem like it. This may not be the time, but if you just give me a second chance, I'll make it up to you, I promise. I was a dick, too, but this time, I'll be better, this time we'll get it right." They hugged each other, happy to be in the other's arms.

"That was it." Evan said, pulling away just enough to pull the boy into a forceful kiss, leading him to the bedroom.