Chapter 2

Hope you guys are liking this so far

-------------------------

He twitched, a natural movement pattern in his sleep now, constantly on alert for something trying to jab at him or disturb him. But, he was calm, and at peace, the hardness of the couch brought him comfort as he slept the hardest he ever had in a while.

Jonathan went to bed a bit after the hybrid, right after he had finished his homework, something about working in the same room his friend-who had been 'dead' for four years- was sleeping in. It felt creepy and wrong, and he could tell from the way his friend now twitched in his sleep that he expected somebody to mess with him.

Where had he been that sent him so off the edge? His temper was shorter than usual, he was more aggressive and now his sleeping patterns were off? But, alas, he couldn't know any answers until everyone else knew.

But of course Craig was going to know them first, since he's a demon and all that. Whatever.

Finding comfort in knowing he still had some small chance with Evan, Jonathan crawled into his bed and fell asleep, nearly as fast as Evan had.

----

It was the morning, he had class, and Jonathan had nearly forgotten about Evan until he was halfway dressed and heard soft snoring drifting in from the living room.

Thinking nothing of it, he continued to get ready, constantly checking the time to make sure he wouldn't be late, he could always pick up some food after, it was fine.

He had just grabbed everything he needed from his room, all dressed and ready to go and just needed to take his homework which had left on the table.

Walking into the living room, he grabbed his homework and turned, expecting to see just Evan sleeping, but instead he saw his wings-pure black with a soft fade into either white or light gray at the bottom-wrapped around the hybrid like a blanket, causing him to freak out. He screamed, not expecting it.

Hearing the scream, Evan shot up, his wings disappearing in an instant as he looked around for danger.

"What's wrong? What happened? Whose ass do I kick?" His eyes frantically searched the surroundings despite the exhaustion in his voice.

"No one, it's okay. Sorry I woke you up, your wings just scared me. Sorry." Jonathan put his hands out as he smoothed out his breathing, his heart racing from the quick scare.

Evan honestly didn't know how to handle the situation, well, he did, but he just didn't want to face the next question that he knew would come from the human.

"Oh, that's fine then. Yeah, yeah, that's fine." He looked over and saw Jonathan completely dressed and prepped with a school bag. "Where are you going?"

Jonathan looked down at the bag in confusion for a few heartbeats. "Oh, I have classes this morning, so...." Evan nodded in response to him

"Gotcha." He said laying back down as he tried to return to sleep.

"Hey Evan?" Here came the question Evan was expecting. "How come your wings just appear and disappear? Craig told us his took a while to fade and they'll only reappear when he goes back home."

Evan sighed, sitting up as he answered "Well, I'm half angel, right? So, I've found that my wings work a bit different now. Meaning, I get to keep them looking mostly like my demon wings, but they behave like an angel's wings. They appear and disappear at will. As you can tell, I haven't fully gotten the hang of them." Evan stood up, grabbing his jacket off the coffee table as he slid it on, joining the boy at the front door.

"Got a spare key? I want to go get food, but I also don't want to be locked out." The hybrid said, yawning.

"Yeah sure, I got one, give me a sec." Jonathan placed his bag on the floor, walking over to the desk he had been working at the night. Rummaging through the drawer, he pulled out a set of keys; his spare apartment key and his spare car key.

"I don't know if you can drive, but since I'm grabbing a ride with someone you can use the car." He tossed the keys to Evan, who caught them easily, staring at them curiously.

"Sweet. Don't worry, I won't crash it. I took a mini driving course before I came here for the first time." Evan smiled at him. "Have fun at school."

"Alright, well, Zach is waiting, so I'll see ya." Jonathan said, leaving Evan alone in the living room, still inspecting the keys.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Evan said, smirking as he shoved the keys in his pocket, leaving a few minutes after Jonathan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't do that." She said, her voice gentle and soft. Who the hell did this bitch think I was?

"You don't tell me what to do." I snapped, hopping off the atrocious white bed, glaring at the woman.

She scoffed, or at least attempted to scoff, but apparently she was just so 'gentle and pure' that he couldn't even manage that. "Of course I do, Evan."

I rolled my eyes, laughing at her attempt to make me listen. "Hmm, let me think about, no. You have no right to do what you're doing right now, so snap the hell out of it."

She looked like she wanted to be mad, and it worked for a few seconds, but I didn't back down, it wouldn't last. She was weak. "You do not speak that way here. There is no swearing."

"Fuck, my bad." I said, smiling at her, strolling around the room in exploration. "But maybe next time you shouldn't make the room look so shitty. I don't know if you knew, but white really pisses me off."

"Seriously, Evan. Do not use those words here, and change into something better suited for here." She pointed to the white outfit laid on on the chair for me, like I was going to wear that. "We can't do anything about your wings but you are going to try to fit in."

I laughed, couldn't help it, it was too funny, my side hurt from how ridiculous she sounded. When I stopped, I stared straight at her, my eyes darkened with amusement and slight anger.

"Oh, mom, don't you realize you mean nothing to me?"