Chapter 36

Happy (late) holidays!

Also, I pulled a David Dobrik and got a second ear piercing on Black Friday XD Also, sorry for the incredibly late chapter (not to mention how awful it is)

--

Scott wouldn't let go of Evan from the minute he woke up.

"I love you, I love you so much, Ev, I love you so much." He mumbled in between kisses which he pressed against his boyfriend's head. Tears of joy welled in his eyes. "I'm so happy you're alive."

Evan hugged back almost equally as hard, letting Scott kiss him as much as he wanted and hug him as hard as he wanted.

"I love you, too." Evan felt a weight lift off his shoulders once he said that. In that moment, every memory of Jonathan and him together just vanished, and all he could think about was Scott and how amazing he was and how much he loved him.

"I'm so sorry, Evan, I'm so sorry, I should've seen it, I should've seen it."

Evan rubbed Scott's back comfortingly, quietly shushing him. "Hey, hey. It's not your fault, babe. It's not your fault. I love you."

--

The doctor had come and gone, even he was unable to pry Scott from his boyfriend's side, and eventually ended up in bed beside Evan as his food was delivered. The human's face twisted in disgust while the hybrid dug in with delight. Hospital food was a weakness of his.

"How can you possibly eat that? I could barely look at it." Scott petted Evan's hair while he ate, making a fake puking motion as a joke.

Evan shrugged. "It's just delicious."

Scott ignored how it was the most he had seen Evan eat, he ignored the pained movements of his breathing, he ignored everything he should've been worried about because Evan was there. He was alive, smiling that perfect smile at him and eating like he had been doing it since the day they got hit.

His fingers tangled into the hybrid's black hair, slipping between his fingers easily. So soft, so smooth. He laughed lightly, taking in his boyfriend's response.

"Whatever you say." He pressed a kiss to his head while the door opened again. They both looked up as Evan's friends piled into the room, looking at the couple with disbelieving eyes.

"Thank Lucifer you're alright, Evan, I was so worried." Craig rushed up to the hospital bed and threw his arms around the hybrid. He had let his demon slang slip, but Evan didn't mind at all.

However, his friends did cast him some curious looks, clearly never hearing the phrase before. Scott ignored it, brushing it off as he saw how happy the two were. His fingers regretfully released the precious strands of Evan's hair.

Craig didn't notice as he pulled away from the hug, sensing Evan was beginning to grow uncomfortable. "Doing good?" He asked, backing up a few steps.

"Yeah, I mean, I could be better, but I'm doing good." Evan smiled at the demon, who was now holding Tyler's hand.

The doctor came in once more, squeezing between Marcel and Brock who were blocking the doorway; they politely apologized while shuffling out of the way.

"Sorry to interrupt." He spoke clearly with a glance at the clipboard in his hand, glasses perched in the middle of his nose. "I just wanted to tell you all that Evan is looking great, but we'll just need to keep him here for a few more days for examination. Just to be sure everything is okay. After that, he is free to go."

The guys nodded seriously at his words as the doctor quietly slipped out. Once he had gone, the guys returned to regular conversation.

Evan returned to his food, becoming quiet while his friends and boyfriend engaged in conversation.

----

"So, an angel told you to hit that car?" The lawyer had both elbows on the table, the tips of his fingers all pressed together as he listened to the man.

"Absolutely." The man said, although he did end up bursting out in laughter. "I'm sorry." He apologized in between gasps of air. "That look on your face was too funny!"

"Do I look like a comedian, Mitch? Huh? Because I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, but I'm a lawyer, okay? You know what a lawyer is? It's the thing that keeps your ass out of jail!" He slammed both of his fists onto the flimsy table, shocking the criminal. "Now tell me what happened before I make sure you get a life sentence."

Mitchell Williams took a deep breath, shaky but sure as he began to speak.

"The first thing you should know is that I am one-hundred percent guilty."