Chapter 47

This is definitely the chapter that everyone has been waiting for

--------

Evan didn't believe it at first, but the way Jonathan's eyes had widened and the way he had backed a few steps away from Evan told him it was true.

Jonathan killed Scott.

"E-Evan, let me explain.....please Evan-" Jonathan continued to plead as the demon let go of Evan, allowing him to slowly walk towards the human who had killed the boy he loved.

There was no excuse.

Evan blocked out his voice as Jonathan backed himself up against a wall. Anger overtook him, his eyes flashing red, like other times before. The only difference was that this time he didn't hold himself back.

The hybrid had held back too many times, for too long.

He drew back his fist as soon as he got close enough, punching Jonathan square in the jaw, making sure to hit hard enough for it not to knock him out. Evan wasn't going to be that merciful, not to him, never again. Never.

There was a pang in his stomach.

Evan punched him again, throwing the boy to the ground, his eyes sweeping the area for something else to hit him with. His fists weren't doing enough damage for his liking. The glint of a metal pipe caught his eye, he grabbed it. His eyes were so red it was if they were made of fire. From the floor, Jonathan coughs up a bit of blood, his pleading eyes silently begging Evan to stop.

"E-Evan I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Evan.....please just stop." He cried, blood staining his teeth, but Evan wasn't satisfied, clutching the pipe tightly in his hand. He barely noticed that the demons had left, most likely not wanting to get involved in the fight between human and hybrid.

"Ungrateful piece of shit." Evan smashed the metal pipe against Jonathan's head, the boy underneath him produced a small cry. Pain struck Evan's stomach, tears stung at the corners of his eyes. His eyes still burned with anger. "After." Smash. "Everything." Smash. "I." Smash. "Did. For. You." Evan continued to smash the pipe against the human's body after every word he snarled at him, ignoring the pain in his stomach which he brushed off as un-dealt with grief. He stopped, gasping for air before returning to hitting him. "This is for what you did to me in high school." He smashed the pipe against his rib cage, Jonathan let out a painful cry. "This is for making me trust you after I came back, for making me believe you changed." He hit his arm this time, making sure that Jonathan stayed awake, making sure he felt the pain he rightfully deserved. "This is for everything you've ever done to me." He kept hitting him, the pain in his stomach worsening, he continued for a bit longer before finally stopping to catch his breath, the pain in his stomach threatening to bring him to his knees, but he wouldn't give in.

"What the hell is your problem?" He clutched the pipe in his hands as he spoke. "All I ever did was be nice to you, was try to make you happy, and what did you do?" A few tears fell from his eyes. "You, you ruined me, you ruined my life. Not only that," he looks at Jonathan, bloodied and weak as he lays on the ground beneath him. "You wouldn't let me forget you, forget what happened, you wouldn't let me move on." More tears fell to the floor. "And when I finally got over it, when I was just beginning to move on with someone else," he turned his gaze back to Jonathan, his angry eyes locking with his. "You killed him."

Blood had begun to dry on the pipe he held in his hands as he brought it over his head one more time, smashing it down onto the human's head once again.

"It's only fitting that I kill you too."