Chapter 14

I'm itching to start some drama lol

----------

As soon as Evan saw Craig- the real Craig- he wrapped him in such a tight hug he thought he would break his bones for sure.

"Please, never let me leave this house again. Ever. At least, not alone." Truthfully, he didn't know that the whole experience had messed him up that much.

"Woah, woah. What the hell happened to you? Did you get mugged or something?" Craig tried to joke, but the way Evan was holding onto him made him slip back into brother mode, wrapping his arms around the hybrid. "Hey, I'm right here." Evan had began to shake.

Everyone else stepped into the front entrance where they were, watching as everything went down, even Jonathan, who could tell that Evan really only wanted Craig's attention. Everyone was silent.

Evan had screwed his eyes shut, keeping in tears that he didn't even know were coming. Unknowingly, he let out a small whimper.

Craig, hearing the small noise, knew Evan wanted some privacy, and rather than snapping at everyone in the room, he figured it would be best just to take him upstairs.

"Come on, Ev, let's just go upstairs okay? You're safe, I promise. I won't let anything hurt you." Although the hybrid pulled away from the hug, he still gripped the demon's arm, which Craig was fine with. Sometimes, Evan just needed assurance that he was right there.

--------

The demon closed the door, finally managing to get Evan off his arm just for a minute.

When he turned around, he saw that Evan was eating some fries out of a fast food bag that he didn't even know he had.

"What happened? You stormed out of here and you come back looking like you got attacked, what was it?" Craig went over, kneeling in front of Evan as he still munched on the fries.

"I don't know what it was...." Evan said quietly, staring blankly at the door. "But, it, it looked like you, talked like you, but it wasn't you." He had started to shake once again, Craig wrapped him in another hug.

"It's okay." The demon was concerned about what the creature had been, but again, Evan would always be his first concern. Especially if whatever it had been was specifically targeting him. "You got away, right? Just tell me what happened, go as slow as you want."

Evan returned the hug, the shaking beginning to subside as he slowly explained what had happened.

--

"Shapeshifter." Craig growled. "Of course it was a shapeshifter."

"But who do you think sent it?" Evan asked, slowing his rapid breath, keeping his panic at bay.

Craig turned to him with a thoughtful look. "That's a good question, it could have been either Heaven or Hell. Although, I highly doubt that Hell would need their assistance to talk to you. You've been known to have a preference for demons. So, it was most likely Heaven."

"But, Heaven shouldn't know where I am." Evan said quietly, his breath quickening again.

"Hey," Craig crouched in front of his brother once again. "I told you, I'm not gonna let anything hurt you. Why don't I go get Jonathan? He can stay here with you while I go figure this out downstairs, okay?"

Evan nodded, actually craving the comfort of his boyfriend.

"Alright, I'll be right back, okay?" Craig left the room and hurried downstairs.

His eyes landed on the human. "You." He pointed at him. "Go comfort him."

"Wait, what was it? Did something attack him?" Tyler asked as the demon pushed past him to get to the shelf in the living room, where he pulled out a book.

"Shapeshifter." Craig replied calmly, searching the book. It was a book about creatures, different from the books he had about angels and demons- which he barely used since he knew a pretty decent amount already, but he liked the books as a set.

Brock choked on his water. "A shapeshifter? That's aweso-I mean, terrible, that's just terrible." He send, changing his response after receiving a death glare from Craig.

"Sit the fuck down."

-------

Jonathan ran his fingers through Evan's soft hair, the hybrid's arms wrapped around him tightly while he slept. Every once in a while he'd twitch, which Jonathan had learned that Evan would do if he didn't feel safe, or if he was just on edge about something. If he was feeling safe, then his wings would appear, showing he was relaxed and safe.

The human really didn't know how all of this happened in just a few days. Their plane nearly crashed, him and Evan had another fight, and now this. A shapeshifter. It figures. Nothing could ever go right between the two. They were meant to butt heads.

He knew this time would be different, though, this time they would leave the past behind and focus on a future together. Jonathan was really feeling a future with the hybrid, he was optimistic.

They'd get a nice, big house, cozy little backyard. There would a dog running around constantly- maybe a labradoodle or something like that. Possibly-with a little convincing- some kids as well, one girl and one boy, it would be great. Jonathan couldn't wait for that.

He closed his eyes, laying his head on top of his boyfriend's, trying to clear his head so he could let sleep creep in.

Eventually, it worked, and he was able to fall asleep next to Evan peacefully.

----------

"Whatcha reading?" Craig asked, plopping onto the couch next to Evan. He was usually never downstairs, so it was a bit of a change.

Evan scooted about an inch away from him, thinking that the other demon was way too close for comfort. He replied. "A book about humans."

Craig leaned forward so he look at the title of the book. "Humanology: A Study Of Mortals. That's pretty cool, what have you learned?"

"Honestly, I learned that they can be pretty stupid, but it's an interesting stupid, you know?"

"Oh, like what do they do?"

"So, they pretty much just fight each other, well, at least that's what they used to do, although they still do it today."

"Fight each other? What for?"

"Well, different things. They fought for land, so now there's different countries and continents, but they somehow they all find things to fight about."

"Like what?"

"I'm not really sure, but it gets pretty intense, there's like nuclear bombs and atomic bombs- they could both like destroy a good chunk of the entire Earth."

"Why would they do that?"

Evan sighed, the fourteen year-old closing his book and turning to his friend. "Because they can, they're humans. No matter what, they always try to get what they want, even if they don't know what it is."