Chapter 6

I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I also have a supernatural fanfic and idk I just wanted to say that

Also would anyone be interested in a groupchat bbs fanfic from me?

-----------------------------

"Is this a bad time to mention I've never been on a plane before? Yes? Well, then I won't mention it." Evan said as they sat down at their seats on the aircraft.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Jonathan said, looking at the now freaked out Evan. "Relax, this is the safest form of transportation."

"Easy for you to say." Evan grumbled bitterly.

"You know, everything you say just makes me so much more excited to hear where you've been all this time." Jonathan said, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes.

Evan gripped the human's hand, copying him and leaning back with his eyes closed, taking deep breaths.

------

"You." Was all I said as I stalked around them, circling their oblivious bodies, so full of ignorance and false purity. "Who let you in here?"

"Evan, calm down, you're being ridiculous-" she began to speak, trying to get closer to me, I backed away, interrupting her.

"Listen bitch, I don't know who the hell you think I am, but I do not listen to you. So, fuck off. You too, old man." I snarled, fake lunging at them and smirking as I watched them flinch. That's what they get for messing with a natural born demon, despite the half angel.

The man intervened, getting face to face with me. He was nervous. Good. "That is no way to talk to your parents, young man."

I laughed, unable to stop it from bubbling out my throats as I held my side, which burned from how hilarious this all was. "Oh, that's rich! You think that you're my parents? What? You think you just show up in here in Heaven, get a bit of a revamp and suddenly become the good guys? Then when I get here pretend like I'm your son? Trust me, you are anything but parents to me."

Taking a deep breath, the bitch continued. "Look, Evan, you don't need to be so mean anymore, you're safe, here in Heaven where you belong. We'll take care of you, you can be an honorary angel."

"No, absolutely not. You can't make me." My temper was flaring, most likely from all the softness surrounding me.

"Yes we can." Her voice was firm, looks like I'm rubbing off on her. Does she remember now?

I took another step forward, I was feeling testy and my anger was still begging for a fight. "Do I have to spell it out for you?" I laughed bitterly. "You're dead to me, no matter what you do."

He stepped forward, his eyes gleaming with disappointment, like that was going to work on me. "We know it must have been hard for you, with living in Hell and being raised by demons and then being forced to go to Earth as a guardian, but-" I heard a crack in his jaw as my fist made contact, it stung, but I didn't regret it.

He doubled over in pain, holding his jaw in agony as the bitch rushed over to him.

She looked at me with mixed emotions and all she could say was "Why?"

I smirked, shaking my hand a bit and chuckling before I said "Because payback is a bitch."

-------------------

Evan's head was on Jonathan's shoulder, and his breath was slow and even as he slept through the first half hour of the flight. At first, he had been so scared, refusing to drop the human's hand until eventually he thought he was safe and drifted off to sleep.

He woke with a jerk coming from the right of the plane, Jonathan looked over to see what was going on and to see how Evan was doing.

"Jon, what was that?" A small hint of fear was in his voice, barely noticeable unless you knew him. Well, this new version of him.

"It was nothing, babe. Just go back to sleep, we're fine." Jonathan hoped the hybrid couldn't detect the uncertainty in his voice as the other passengers began to voice their worries as well.

Someone from the other side of the plane screamed in horror "The right wing is on fire!" The engine underneath it must have blown out.

Evan gripped his boyfriend's hand tightly. "Jon, I'm scared. Like, really scared." Normally, he'd stay calm and try to fix it, it was a guardian instinct, but after everything he'd been through the past four years, he couldn't help but think it was all planned. He felt like something was targeting him.

"Hey, calm down, Ev. We're fine, we're almost there. You're gonna see Craig, everyone will be there, we'll be fine." He wrapped his arms around Evan, who was finally calming down, closing his eyes as children began to cry.

"This is your captain speaking, it appears one of our wing engines has malfunctioned, but please stay calm as we try to land safely. Stay in your seats and keep your seat belts tightened. Hold your loved ones close." The pilot's voice didn't hold much confidence as the plane began to fall midway through his sentence, triggering a loud round of screaming coming from the entire plane.

Think, think. Evan thought to himself, hoping that if he was calm enough he would be able to bring the plane to a safe landing, preferably all the way to their destination.

Breathe, just breathe, you're gonna be fine, just focus. Focus on breathing, in and out, in and out. In...and....out.

The last thing he felt was the plan lift up and straighten out as he drifted off back to sleep, hoping to wake up soon.

Preferably alive, next to Jonathan.