03. SuperFlash

Central City - Barry's POV

I walked into STAR Labs to see Cisco huddled over his computer and Caitlin pacing back and forth. She looked up and ran toward me.

"Finally! Get in the superhero outfit now! Supergirl and her team should be here any minute!" She said quickly, obviously nervous. I sped into my outfit and ended up right where I was before. 

"I brought you coffee, but it seems you don't need it." I joked, but Caitlin was not in the mood for joke's today.

"Barry, we are meeting one of the best role-model's for women and children all over the world! This isn't a joke! Why aren't you guys more nervous?!" Caitlin said all too excited. 

"Oh, believe me, I am beyond excited to meet Supergirl. I have so many questions. Heat vision? Freeze breath? Flying? God, she's so hot." Caitlin was nodding in agreement up until that last part. 

"You have a crush on Supergirl?" I asked him. Sure, she was pretty, and amazing, and talented, but I don't have some weird crush on her. 

"Who doesn't?!" Cisco asked. Caitlin and I had the same look, which Cisco read and stopped talking. Wells came in and waited with us. After a couple minutes, two people came into STAR Labs. And I recognized them. Hank Henshaw and Alex Danvers, Kara's sister. I learned her name from hearing Hank and Kara argue about it. 

"Hello, I am sorry we are a little late. We had a couple delays." Alex said walking up to Cisco and shaking his and Caitlin's hand, and waving at me. Hank recognized Cisco and Cisco recognized Hank, but neither said anything. 

"Where's Supergirl?" I asked, with my voice modifier. 

"Actually, she should be here any minute." Hank said. As if on cue, Supergirl came flying in, her red cape behind her. 

"Oh. My. God! It's Supergirl!" Cisco said excitedly. Supergirl smiled, and Caitlin and I laughed. I hadn't noticed before, but Supergirl reminded me of someone. I couldn't figure out who though.

"So, we need your help, Supergirl." Caitlin finally said. Supergirl nodded walking forward.

"What are we up against?" Supergirl asked, ready to get started.

"Casey Donahue. No wife, no kids. Used to work at the Petersburg electrical substation." Cisco said as the picture of the melted man showed on the TV screens above.

"Someone just used his ID to enter the substation." Wells said reading Cisco's screen.

"The Petersburg grid is experiencing a power drain right now." Caitlin said, Supergirl and I took off heading to our destination. We arrived and saw a man shooting electricity from his hands. 

"You know, we had a super villain in National City who did that, too. Her name was-"

"Livewire." We said at the same time. She looked at me confused. "My friend is obsessed with you." She laughed quietly. Her laugh is what caught my attention, and I knew who she reminded me of. It all made so much sense. Hank and Alex being here. Hank telling me he and Kara worked together. All the facts were there. Kara was Supergirl. 

The lightning man seemed to notice us and shot at us. I ran left while Kara ran right. 

"Easy there, Zappy." I said.

"I have to feed." He responded, sounding like the cookie monster.

I ran and so did Kara all over but somehow he caught up with both of us, and zapped us, absorbing our power, or something. Then he shot at me again. He stopped and stumbled away a bit. Kara flew toward me. 

"We have to get out of here." She said. I tried to run but I couldn't.

"I can't. My speed...it's gone." Kara flew me back to STAR Labs.

When I got there, they put me on the treadmill to test me. But still no speed. 

"He runs slow even for a normal person." Cisco commented.

"You can't just lose your powers, alright." Caitlin said.

"Caitlin's right, your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast. There's no way to un-transform DNA." Alex said, obviously knowing what she was talking about. 

"So we were wrong. This metahuman doesn't electrocute people. He siphons electricity thereby removing your powers." Wells continued. 

"Do you think this is temporary or..?" I asked everyone, hoping for a good answer.

"We'll have to run tests." Wells told me. I sighed. 

"Look, I got to go. It was nice meeting you Supergirl." I waved and headed off home to change then talk to Joe.