50. The Elongated Man

End of August
Barry's POV

It's been two weeks since Kara broke up with me. I've seen her at STAR Labs when there was a new meta-human to deal with, but we wouldn't talk to each other. I would glance at her, but she would just ignore me. No one even dared to ask what was going on, not even Ralph. I hadn't told anyone what happened, I couldn't. 

I was at CCPD in my lab when my phone went off. I check it and saw it was from Cisco saying "Meta - Emergency". I ran as fast as I could to STAR Labs. When I ran in, I saw Trickster Junior on the monitors and Ralph, Caitlin, Harry, and Cisco standing there. 

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"Trickster Junior escaped from prison and he's asking for some revenge. He says he planted a bomb in a certain area and if he didn't come face to face with a superhero by 10 tonight, he was going to set it off, causing a mass devastation." Cisco explained. 

"We are trying to find it now, but we need you to go and stop it once we do." Caitlin told me. I sighed. 

"I won't be going." I told them. They all looked at me like I was crazy. "Ralph will. You're a new superhero. Cisco's been working on a suit for you and it's time the city knew who you were." 

"I thought I could start out with like a fire or rescuing a kitten from a tree, not a bomb that could destroy the whole city." Ralph said. 

"You can do this, Ralph. I believe in you." I told him. He nodded. Caitlin took him to the med-bay, probably to check over him. Harry went to his room and that left me and Cisco. 

"Dude, what's going on?" Cisco asked. I turned to him, confused. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"First, you stop talking to your girlfriend, then you refuse to be The Flash?" He asked. 

"I'm not refusing to be The Flash, Cisco. I just want Ralph to be prepared. It's time he got out into the field." I told him. He nodded. 

"Ok, I get that. But what about Kara?" That took me by surprise. 

"Cisco, Kara broke up with me. Because I've been distant. Never home, always lying." 

"Why are you lying to her?" Cisco asked. I hesitated but before I could answer Caitlin and Ralph came back in. 

"Everything looks fine. He should be good to go. Cisco?" She brought attention back to the problem at hand. 

"I found it. It's at..." Cisco trailed off. 

"Where?" I asked. 

"CC Jitters." He finished. I looked to Ralph. He nodded. 

"I'm ready for my supersuit." Cisco smiled and rolled out a mannequin. 

"My dearest friends..." Cisco started but Ralph interrupted. 

"Yeah, look. I know you want to make a cool speech about this thing, but we got a ticking bomb going off in a couple of hours, so can we..." Cisco looked taken back. 

"Yeah, sure. I guess so." He took off the tarp and there was a grey-ish and purple-ish suit underneath.