04. Dinner Dates

Central City - Kara's POV

After the Flash lost his speed and left, I went back to our hotel to get ready for my date with Barry. Was it a date? Was it just two strangers getting to know each other? It didn't matter to me, as long as I got to see him. 

Alex and Hank went out to eat somewhere and work. After I had taken a shower and got dressed, I looked over at the clock and it read 6:54. I was wearing the dress I bought earlier. It was a sleeveless black lace Skater Dress. 

I made sure that everything was good in the hotel room, Hank and Alex would be back any minute now

I made sure that everything was good in the hotel room, Hank and Alex would be back any minute now. Then there was a knock at the door. When I opened it, it revealed Barry wearing a nice black and white flannel with a black blazer over it, with a nice pair of jeans. He stood there staring at me. 

"What? I'm too over dressed, aren't I? I can go change." I quickly said panicking. 

"No. No, it's fine. It's just....you look....really nice." Barry stuttered. I smiled, my cheeks turning a bright red. He hadn't stopped smiling since I opened the door. 

"So, you ready to go?" He finally asked. I nodded and grabbed my bag and wrote a quick note to Hank and Alex. I grabbed my room key and we headed to the lobby. Barry held open all the doors for me and we talked until we reached the restaurant. We ordered and ate then went for a walk.

"I never knew how nice this city was at night." I said amazed, looking at all the street lights and such lit up. It was beautiful. 

"Yeah, I've always loved going on walks at night and looking at the lights and stars." Barry said, I looked to him and smiled and looked away. "What?" He chuckled, so cutely. I shook my head, still smiling. He stopped in the middle of the park. "Seriously, what is it?" 

"It's just..." I started, looking down. "As a kid, I always loved looking to the stars. It's always been my place to go to escape." I looked at him, and he was smiling. He nodded, understanding the feeling.

"I get it." We stood there staring into each other's eyes for a while. I noticed how his green eyes sparkled when he smiled. "My mom used to take me on walks when I was little to look at the stars." His smiled some-what faded. 

"My mom used to do the same, and my dad used to teach me about the stars and planets at his lab." 

"Your dad's a scientist?" His eyes widened.

"Was." He nodded slightly. "My parents died when I was 12 years old. That's when the Danvers took me in." 

"I know how that feels." He said quietly. I looked at him confused. "My mom was murdered when I was little. My dad was wrongfully accused of her murder and was sent to prison. The West's took me in." 

We had a lot more in common than I thought. We spent another hour and a half talking about our childhood and our day jobs and families. Finally, we both had to go home. He walked my to my hotel room, and before I went inside, he stopped me.

"I had a lot of fun tonight. More fun than I have in the past two years." I smiled. 

"Maybe we can do this again?" I offered him, hoping he would accept.

"I'd love that. Lunch, tomorrow, Jitters?" 

"I'll be there." I turned around and took out my key. But before I could open the door, Barry pulled my hand and turned me to face him, and kissed me. I took me by surprise at first, but then I kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist. After what felt like eternity, we pulled apart, smiling like idiots. 

"See you tomorrow." He said slowly walking down the hall. I nodded and he turned the corner, he was no longer in sight. I leaned back onto the door. Smiling so bright, I could blackout the city. I finally opened the door and looked inside to see Hank already asleep and Alex waiting for me at the table. 

"Well someone had a good night." Alex went into overprotective sister mode. I sighed.

"I'm going to bed." I walked into the bathroom to get dressed.

"Who is he?!" Alex yelled through the door. I walked out and passed by her.

"A guy." I said sarcastically.

"When do I get to meet him?" Alex continued.

"Night, Alex!" I said loudly. I turned out the lamp and put my phone on the bedside dresser. The screen lit up with a text.

'Hey, It's Barry.' It read. I had completely forgot I gave him my number. I smiled. 

'Hey. Got home safe?' I wanted to make sure he was ok.

'Yeah, I'm good. Thanks.' He said.

'Ok, you need something?' 

'Just wanted to talk to you again ;)' I chuckled to myself. 

'Same here, but you should go to sleep. It's almost midnight.'

'So should you.'

'I only will if you do.'

'Deal. Night, Kara.' 

'Goodnight, Barry.'  I closed out my phone and plugged it into the charger. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Barry Allen was the one who put it there, and there was nothing on any Earth that could take it away.