36. The Wrath of Savitar

Narrator POV

Barry, Wally, and Jesse were in a race around Central City. Kara, Caitlin, Cisco, and H.R. were at STAR Labs monitoring their speed. 

Barry held Jesse in his grip just like Savitar did to Kara. A beeper went off and Wally came speeding up and before Barry's hand touched Jesse, Wally pushed him out of the way. Barry squatted on the ground as Wally stood shoulder to shoulder with Jesse. 

Barry put his hand to his comm. "Guys?" 

"0.21 seconds." They answered from STAR. 

"0.21. That's fast enough to save Kara from Savitar." Barry exclaimed hugging Wally. 

They raced back to STAR Labs where everyone was waiting. 

Kara sat in the medical bay, playing around with some syringes to keep her occupied. Barry walked up to her. 

"Wally's fast enough to save you!" He exclaimed. Kara smiled and nodded. 

"I heard." She responded. Barry's smile dropped quickly. 

"What's wrong? We have an advantage right now." Barry asked, concerned. 

"While you guys were racing, I did some thinking." Kara set down the syringe and sat at the desk next to where she was standing. "I'm impenetrable. So, how does Savitar stab me?" 

Barry sat on the desk. 

"The blade wasn't kryptonite." Kara pointed out and Barry nodded. "Right?" 

"No, it was just a normal blade. I guess I never really noticed until now. I was so caught up in training Wally to be faster." Barry shrugged. 

"I know. I know, Barr. But you've been so distracted with this whole Savitar situation, you've barely noticed anything going on around you." Kara stood up and stood in front him. 

"What haven't I noticed?" Barry asked. 

"Winn started dating this girl named Lyra. You want to know how I know that? Because I called him three weeks ago and he told me. James and Lena have this weird thing going on. How do I know? Because he called and told me. M'gann went back to Mars leaving J'onn heartbroken, even though he won't admit it. I know that because I flew over there two days ago and figured it out." Kara ranted. Barry felt guilty. He hadn't been paying much attention to anyone else, now that he thinks about it. 

"Iris and Eddie are engaged. Getting married in fourteen months. Not that I'll be around for it, but-" Kara started but Barry quickly stood up and grabbed her shoulders.

"You're going to that wedding. How do I know that? Because I'll die before letting you be killed." Barry told her. She smiled and nodded. She guided him to the cortex where everyone was talking. 

A Couple Hours Later...

Barry sat with his head in his hands. Kara sat not far from him while Caitlin checked out Wally. 

"I feel fine." Wally said. Jesse stood behind him while Cisco sat across the room. They had found out Savitar had gotten inside Wally's head like he did Julian before. 

"How long has this been going on, Wally?" Barry asked. 

"Like a week." Wally sighed. 

Barry scoffed. "A week." 

"Wally, why didn't you say something before?" Kara asked. 

"Because I thought this was just in my head." Wally shrugged. "I wasn't looking at it like I was keeping it to myself."