25. Nightmares

Narrator's POV

"Don't!" Barry yelled. "Don't do this!" 

"Barry..." Kara's shaken voice said in a whisper, but loud enough for him to hear. 

"You lose, Barry." Savitar says, growing a blade from his suit. 

"No!" Barry ran at them as the sword went through Kara. 

Barry jerked upward, gasping. He tried to catch his breath after having another nightmare. 

"Babe? You okay?" Kara's tired voice said from the other side of the bed. Barry looked over, realizing that he woke up his girlfriend. 

"Yeah." He breathed out. "Just a bad dream. Go back to sleep." He leaned over and kissed her head, then draped his legs over the side of his bed, his back facing Kara. 

"Ok, sure. I can totally go back to sleep after hearing you scream in your sleep." She shifted around a bit. "You wanna talk about it?" 

Barry hesitated, then went back to laying down next to Kara, to face her. "No. You wanna know what I want to do?" 

"Hmm?" Kara smiled. 

"I wanna unpack. It's been a month." He said. 

"Don't try to change the subject, Bartholomew Henry Allen." She said a little tired. 

"Bartholomew?" Kara nodded. "Am I in trouble?"

"That's the third night in a row you've had a nightmare." 

"Well, I know something else that's happened three nights in a row." Kara laughed as Barry kissed her again. 

Suddenly, both of their phones buzzed and they reached over to look at them. 

"It's a fire at Richmond Heights." He sighed. Kara got up and a second later was in her Supergirl outfit. 

"Come on, Wally's gonna beat us there." Kara said, seeing Barry was still not moving. 

Barry looked at Kara longingly and Kara titled her head. 

"What?" She chuckled. 

"Nothing." He shook his head, sitting up. "I just really love you." 

She smiled and kissed him then made him get up and dressed then they went to the scene. 

That Afternoon - Kara's POV

"Okay." Barry's voice says to me. He was walking me into our apartment but had his hand covering my eyes. 

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I asked still standing there.

"Um, yeah, but one second." I felt Barry's hand leave me back and when he spoke again he was across the room. "Yeah, okay, open them." 

I opened my eyes to see our apartment completely unpacked and decorated and it was beautiful. I looked over to Barry who was casually leaning against the couch. 

"I know you wanted to unpack slowly, like a normal couple." He said running his hands through his hair. "But, with our jobs and the S.T.A.R. Labs museum-" 

I continued to look around, barely listening. I turned to face him and he was standing right in front me. I could tell he was nervous. 

"Do you hate it?" He asked, nervously. I hesitantly looked around and shook my head. 

"Uh, n-no. No, not-not at all." I responded. 

"You hate it." He sighed and looked down. 

"I don't." I said confidently, hoping that will convince him, and me. 

"I just, I just wanted to give you the home that you deserve." He said, taking my hands in his. 

"Barr, you did. I love our loft." I said, then took my hands back. "What I don't love is you not talking to me about these nightmares." 

He looked back at me and sighed. "I mean, I've seen a lot of terrible things in my life. These nightmares, they are apart of me."

"I get that. But, Barry, I've been with you through those terrible things. This is different. It feels different." He shook his head trying to deny it. "What are you not telling me?"

Suddenly, his phone went off. He looked at it and I looked to the ceiling, trying to stay calm. 

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "There's a robbery in progress." 

"Of course there is." I folded my arms and smiled slightly. "Go." 

"I'm sorry." He said once again, then sped off. 

I stood there and I could feel my anger rise. He wasn't being honest with me. He's had nightmares about his mom and dad before, but this was different. He knew it and so did I.