74. Kal-el of Krypton

Beginning of June
Clark's POV

I was now flying to Central City for a quick visit to my cousin. I had been told by her friend Caitlin Snow that she wasn't doing so well and that she needed someone 'like her' to reach out and talk to her. I had heard about Barry disappearing, and I knew how Kara would take it from the beginning. She wasn't the kind of person to show her hurt, she was too busy protecting her people to worry about her feelings. She would shut off every time something like this happened. 

I wouldn't lie, I would do the same. It's just an alien thing I guess. I'd rather focus my time on saving the people of Metropolis than grieve my dead love. I flew into an alleyway next to Kara's apartment and started to make my way up to her floor. When I got to her door, I used my x-ray vision to look through it to see if she was home. I saw her sitting on her couch, typing an article on her laptop. I knocked on the door a few times and I heard her footsteps run toward the door. When it flew open she called out me name.

"Clark! What are you doing here?" She asked, a genuine smile on her face. I smiled back at her. 

"I wanted to visit my baby cousin." I said, giving her a hug and she hugged back as tight as she could. 

"I'm still older than you, but it's great to see you." She said, pulling back from our embrace. "Come on in, I can make some food if you're hungry..."

She trailed off rambling as she ran into the kitchen to fix some food. I sat at the kitchen counter and when she turned to face me, her rambling stopped. 

"There's another reason you're here." She stated bluntly. "What is it? Is Lois okay?"

"No, no, no. Lois is fine, everything is okay in Metropolis. It's someone here I'm worried about." She picked up who I was talking about quickly. I guess her friends kept trying to do this to her, too. 

"Clark, I've gotten all the lectures already, okay? I don't need another from you." Kara said, rubbing her forehead. 

"I'm worried, Kara. You're friends have reached out to me saying they're worried, too. You're shutting out everybody-"

"And you wouldn't do the same?" Kara interrupted me, raising a brow. 

"I would, and that's why it is okay. I understand what this is like." I explained to her. "But you have to talk to me, or to someone." 

"I don't need to talk to anyone. I'm fine." Kara said, opening her fridge. 

"That's the problem. You're acting fine, like you are okay, but I know you better than that." I said, and she remained staring into her fridge, not moving a muscle. "The silence at 2 in the morning that you can't escape. The cold side of the bed, the loneliness of your hands that used to hold his, the pit of hollowness now engraved in you because you can't forget about him, even though that's the one thing you are wishing the most for."

I could tell I had gotten her attention.

"Do you remember when you and J'onn switched places? How he took your place and died for you, and you sat in the background, silent, watching everyone around you suffer because you were gone?" I asked her, but didn't expect a response. "That's how everyone feels right now, and that's how they expect you to feel. And I know that J'onn didn't die for you to shut out the part of you that he loved the most."

I reached around her and closed the open fridge. She didn't stop me. I walked in front her and found her eyes closed, tears stained on her cheeks. I quickly pulled her into my chest and let her cry into my shoulder. 

"I tried to stop him, and if I had tried harder, he would still be here. It's my fault. I don't want to accept that, but I have to. He's not coming back, and there is nothing I can do about that." Kara cried. "I'm sorry. I was broken and I didn't want anyone to know because I had a duty to save the lives of the people who needed my help. I'm sorry I took it out on you, and on Alex, and on everyone that tried to reach out." 

I hushed her and let her continue to cry into my shoulder, letting out everything that had been bottled up for far too long. That's when I felt it. I knew Kara hadn't because she wasn't focused, but I had. I knew what it was. I smiled into her hair as she continued to cry. 

Narrator's POV

The field was quiet, quiet enough to hear a mouse squeak. That's when the giant time portal opened up and out came a flash of red. It was moving fast, so fast that if you blinked you would miss it. The red streak ran for miles until it came across the giant round building that he hadn't seen for who knows how long, time was hard to keep track of there. He had borrowed an old pair of clothes stored at his old residence. 

He ran into the building and stood in the center of the room he'd remembered so well. 

"Caitlin? An alarm went off, did someone come i-" The voice echoed down the hall until it stopped in the doorway, facing the man in the center. He looked lost, and confused. Like he hadn't seen him in months, maybe that's how long it had been. He took small, slow steps toward the man. He stopped in front of the set of laptops in the room and faced the long lost person in the room. 

"Barry?" 

A/N:

I bet you love me right now. XP 
I'm sorry for the cliffhanger, but it felt appropriate. I haven't done a cliffhanger in a while, and I was itching to do one, so here it is. The next chapter will be up soon, hopefully. If it wasn't obvious, the man that saw Barry was Cisco. I thought I should point that out. 

In the next chapter, we will see Kara and Barry reunite and much more Superflash scenes, I know you guys have been asking for those for quite some time now. Thank you to all the lovely people who have read my story, and those who have commented on it! I'm sorry for keeping my babies apart for so long. I have up until Chapter 120 planned, but I have some open spots for chapter ideas, so if there is anything you guys would like to see, let me know, and I might incorporate it into my story, and give you a shoutout. 

Thanks for reading!! Make sure to vote, and let me know in the comments what you guys thought of it. If there are any spelling mistakes, I apologize. Let me know and I will fix them as soon as I can. 

xoxo, superflashfann

75. The Flash Returns | End of June | When Barry comes back after two months, he realizes that Kara is acting different towards him. Barry tries to get Kara to talk about their future with him, and what this means for them.