59. Save the Date

Beginning / Middle of December
Barry's POV

It was 10:45 am and I was scheduled to go into work at 1:15 pm to finish up some paperwork and then come home to send out Kara and I's Save The Date cards for the wedding. Kara said she wanted us to send them out together.

I was in the kitchen fixing something for Kara and I to eat for lunch. Kara had recently gotten a job at CCPN about a week ago. (A/N: I can't remember if I ever said in this story that Kara quit Catco when the two officially moved in together and decided to hold off on finding a job until the whole Savitar thing was over.) She was supposed to come home at 11:30 am until 1:00 pm for lunch then go back to work. She gets off at 4:15 pm and we were going to meet up at Jitters to send out the cards. 

That's when my phone rang. I saw it was Joe so I decided to pick it up. 

"Hey, what's up, Joe?" I answered. 

"We have a murder and we need you here, like 15 minutes ago." He told me then hung up. I looked around and saw the kitchen was a mess. I speeded around the kitchen and cleaned everything up, then ran to CCPD where Joe and Captain Singh were waiting. 

"Glad you decided to show, Allen." Captain Singh rolled his eyes. 

"Sorry, Captain. My kitchen was a mess and I had to leave my fiancé a note." I told him. I smiled a little bit when I called Kara my fiancé. Joe hit me on the shoulder lightly to stop smiling. 

"I didn't ask for an explanation, but thank you for wasting about two minutes of my day." He said, aggravated. I apologized under my breath without interrupting again. 

"Alright, so the guys on the scene said it wasn't a normal human who attacked this guy." Singh explained. I looked to Joe confused. 

"So, what was it?" Joe asked. 

"Alien." Singh answered then grabbed his jacket and walked toward the elevator. We followed him. 

"We've never dealt with an alien before." Joe said. 

"That's why we've called an organization in National City to come and help us out." He told us. I immediately knew what he was talking about. 

"The DEO." I said aloud by accident.

"How do you know that name? They're a secret organization." Singh asked me. 

"Oh, well, um...yeah, well, Kara's sister works there, so." I told him, not being able to come up with an excuse. 

"Oh, alright." Singh said, not having any interest anymore. We got to the crime scene and I saw Alex. She came up to me and hugged me, and Singh noticed. 

"So you're his fiancés' sister?" Singh asked Alex. Alex looked to me and I shook my head.

"Yes, that's me." She answered. We started to talk about the case and how the victim was an alien as well. I took out my case and started to take pictures and I took his blood, etc. 

Kara's POV
11:30 am

I walked into the apartment and called out for Barry. When there was no answer, I looked around for him and saw a note on the counter. 

Kara, 

I'm sorry but I got called out to work. I'm hoping to be back before you get off work so we can send out those cards together like you wanted. Singh will probably have me busy so I won't be able to call or text but if I get the chance, I'll call you ASAP. Bye, love you. 

B.A. 

I sighed to myself and then took out some leftovers from dinner we had the night before and heated it up. I ate it while watching TV. Afterwards, I looked to the time and saw I had to get back to work.