64. Valentine's Day

February 14th, 2018
Caitlin's POV

I woke up around 8:30 am. I walked down to my kitchen and the smell of bacon, waffles, french toast, and eggs swallowed me. I turned the corner and found Ralph making breakfast. He turned to face me. 

"How did you get in here?" I asked him with a smile. He held up a key. 

"Emergencies only key." He smiled. 

"Breakfast is an emergency?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Only on the most important day of the year." Ralph chuckled. 

"What's so special about today?" I asked, now standing next to him and picking up a piece of bacon. 

"It's Valentine's Day." He said and I stopped. 

"Wait, seriously?" I walked to my calendar and looked at the date. February 14th. I sighed and turned back to Ralph. "I completely lost track of days. I'm sorry." 

"That's fine, because I didn't. I have the whole day planned." He said. "We've got waffles and french toast and eggs. And your favorite, bacon." 

"Well, thank you." I smiled and pecked him on the lips then fixed a plate. "So when does our day start?" 

"Right after you finish breakfast and get dressed." He said and then sat down next to me with his own plate. 

Alex's POV

I woke up alone in my empty bed. I took a shower, got dressed, fixed breakfast, and ate alone. It was my first Valentine's Day without Maggie, and I was planning on breaking out The Notebook and beer or anything like most people. I would keep myself distracted at the DEO all day. That was my plan. 

I finished breakfast and then did the dishes. I grabbed my jacket and then headed for my car. I knew that Kara and Caitlin and everyone else I had met the other week when Kara asked for my help were busy with their significant others. 

I arrived at the DEO and greeted some of the agents. A few took off the day to spend with their wives or fiancés. Others who were single or just getting in relationships were at work with me. 

I went to my desk and sat. Not seeing any aliens attacking National. Apparently, today was the day that even VILLAINS took off. 

Kara's POV

The smell of roses and donuts woke me from my dreamless sleep. I felt something laying next to me behind my back. I looked over and saw Jett and Nora in Barry's place. I pet the both of them and then put on one of Barry's t-shirts. 

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to find the table set with food and a bouquet of roses in the center. But I didn't see Barry. I sighed and then took the plate and sat on the couch. I reached for the remote and turned it on, the news popping up. 

They were talking about how the Flash was out early on Valentine's Day to take out a meta-human. They were asking one another about where Supergirl was. Everyone knew Flash and Supergirl were a thing. Barry and I were, so why not have our alter-egos do the same? 

I smiled to myself and then felt a gush of wind hit my face. I was suddenly very glad that my hair was in a ponytail. 

I looked up and saw Barry putting on a STAR Labs T-Shirt. He looked at me and groaned. 

"Why do you always do this?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows. "You sleep in every single day EXCEPT for the days I wake up early and make you breakfast. You're taking the Fiancé of the Year thing away from me. Stop it."