71. She's Broken

Caitlin's POV
End of April

It's been almost three weeks since he disappeared. Kara was taking the weight of the whole city on her shoulders, and I could tell it was killing her. It was much easier when he was here to help her. He had gone through the same thing when she "died". 

I wanted to help, but I knew there wasn't much I could do. Killer Frost wouldn't help Kara the way she needed to be help. She didn't need a superhero, she needed a friend. 

She was sitting on the roof, listening to the calm sounds of Central City at 9:45 pm. It was always really quiet around this time. But then the chaos started around midnight again. I had gotten coffee and donuts from Jitters, and I walked up to the roof. I knew she could hear me coming. I opened the door and walked toward her. I sat down next to her, hanging my legs over the side, and handed her a coffee. She accepted with a sad smile, but she was trying her best not to break down, I could tell. 

"Thought you could use some, not that it has much effect on you." I joked. She smiled, but didn't laugh. A silence had fallen over us as she looked out of the top of the buildings. She finally broke the silence a few moments later. 

"I just want to say thank you, for helping me look for him for this long. I know that it can't be easy, and some of us gave up pretty quickly." She was talking about Harry, who stopped looking about nine days after Barry disappeared. I didn't say anything, and I let her continue. "So thank you, for that, but I'm asking you to stop."

I looked at her in disbelief. Was she asking me to do what I think? "What? Kara-"

"I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I can't let you guys keep doing this. So, please, stop. Stop looking for him. Because we both know the truth about what happened to him." Kara said, not once making eye contact with me. "He's dead, and we can't bring him back. But we do need to move on." 

I wanted to say something but she stood up before I could. 

"I'm going to go home, and work on some stuff before everything gets hectic again. I'll see you tomorrow, Cait." She said before she quickly flew off. I brushed my hair from my face, and stood up. I sighed and hesitantly walked back inside. 

Kara's POV

I landed inside my apartment. I hated that word now. My. Everything that we once owned, is now only mine. Jett, Nora, and Krypto were all around the house. Nora was on the couch, laying her head on the arm. Krypto was asleep in his bed, and Jett was most likely in our... my room. 

I took out my laptop and a couple of papers from work today. I typed in my password and looked at my homescreen. It was a photo of Barry and I from when we were moving in together. I quickly opened chrome and started to work. 

Caitlin's POV

I called Ralph and asked him if he could take over the city tonight, and for a while. We both knew that Kara needed time and help taking care of the city. Ralph agreed and I sent off a text to Kara telling her she had the night off. If she was going to get through this, she wasn't going to do it alone. 

72. More Than A Friend | Beginning of May | Kara finally accepts that Barry is never coming back. Alex and Sara decide to maybe become something more than friends. 

A/N:

I'm sorry for how short this chapter is. I'm trying to write more, but it is very complicated. Lots has been going on in my life and in school and with my friends, so I'm trying to write as much as I can for you guys. I wanted to update, so here is an update. I hope you enjoyed, no matter how short it was. Thanks for reading. I will hopefully have another up Tuesday.