17. S.T.A.R. Labs

National City - Kara's POV

I felt bad about yelling at Alex so I decided to go over to her apartment. When I knocked, Maggie answered but was quick to try to shut the door. 

"Wait." I stopped her. "I'm sorry. You are too much like a sister to me. Your exactly like Alex. That's what makes you two so perfect for each other." 

Maggie slowly opened the door to where I could see her. 

"I know I can't make up for what I said, but I'm not going to stopping trying." 

With that, I left, giving them both time because I knew Maggie would talk to Alex about my visit. 

Central City - Barry's POV

Cisco, Caitlin, Julian, H.R., and I were standing in the cortex going over the case we have on Zoom. I was zoned out, though. I was still thinking about Kara and what she said in Star City. 

"Barry!" I heard Cisco call. I turned to face them. 

"Hm?" I walked toward them. 

"You were just completely zoned out." Caitlin responded. 

"My bad, I was just..thinking again." I said looking down. 

"About?" Cisco asked me. 

"About something. What else do we have on Zoom?" I said, changing the subject. 

We spent the next hour talking about how to take down Zoom, but I was constantly zoning out, thinking about Kara, the whole time. We were ready to corner Zoom, but because I wasn't listening when Team Flash was going over the plan to take him down, he had me cornered. 

He was about to take a sharp shard of what I was assuming was glass, when something came and stood in between Zoom and I. Supergirl. 

Kara and Zoom were fighting and running around. Kara was losing at one point but after taking a glance at me, she knocked Zoom back with full force, which caused him to hit the wall and pass out. 

"Barry!" She kneeled next to me and grabbed my hand. 

"Why are you here? I thought you hated me." I struggled to say, but managed to get out. 

"I don't hate you, Barr. When I found out you were the Flash, I should have been more considerate toward the fact that I probably would have done the same thing. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have walked away." She apologized, tears streaming down her face. 

"You had a right to be mad. I should have trusted you and I didn't. You should hate me." 

"I don't hate you because I love you, Barry." I was shocked at what she just said. "I should have said it before. But everyone I love gets taken from me eventually. And I guess when I found out you were the Flash, I had another reason to walk away, to keep you safe."

"You don't have to worry about me, Kara. And I love you too." I smiled and she kissed me. She went to help me up and that's when everything got dizzy. I felt like I was about to pass out and Kara noticed. 

"Barry, hey, you gotta stay awake. I gotta get you back to S.T.A.R. Labs." But her voice started to drift off and then I saw black. 

S.T.A.R. Labs - Kara's POV

I had brought Barry to S.T.A.R. Labs quickly after he passed out. We set him on a table and Cait immediately started to work on him. About an hour passed and she told me he was going to be fine. 

"So, it's good to have you back. We heard everything through the comms." Cisco commented as I sat next to Barry's bed. 

"Thanks. And I'm sorry I left." I apologized but my eyes never left Barry. 

"Don't stress about it. I get it. We all do." I nodded. 

Two hours later...

I was sitting in the chair that Caitlin had set next to Barry's bed while he was still asleep. It was late in the afternoon and I was getting tired. I started to close my eyes, then I felt a tug at my hand. I opened my eyes to see Barry, wide awake. 

"Hey." I said, sitting up straight. 

"Hey." His voice, strained. "So you were saying something before this happened." 

I laughed and kissed him. "I think I said what I needed to." 

Barry smiled. After a while he fell back asleep, so we stayed at S.T.A.R. Labs that night. I was happy he forgave me, and I was happy he was alright. 

A/N:

I know this chapter wasn't all that great but I've been busy with school work, and this is the best I could do in such a short time. I just wanted to get a chapter out and I had planned them getting back together in a different way but things didn't work out like that. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!