61. Christmas 2017

December 25th, 2017
Narrator's POV

T'was the day of Christmas, and all through STAR Labs,
Not a superhero was stirring, not even The Flash.
The suits were hung by Cisco with care, 
In hopes that everyone soon would be there. 
The heroes were huddled all together with glee, 
While Alex and Kara decorated the tree. 
When out in the streets there arose such a clatter, 
They sprang from their seats to see what was the matter. 
Away to Jitters, Barry ran as the Flash, 
Tore open the shutters, and threw up the sash. 
The sun on their backs and their toes in the snow, 
Defeated the meta and made cookie dough.
And then in a twinkling, they heard on the roof
The clicking and clawing of each little hoof.
As they payed close attention, and turned around,
Down the hallway a noise came with a bound.
He was skinny and buff, a right jolly young bean,
And they laugh'd when they saw it was Oliver Queen.
But then he exclaimed, while he swung out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night".

Kara's POV

Everyone was gathered in STAR Labs for our Christmas party. There was a long table in the center of the room filled with food and deserts. Everyone was in groups, catching up with people they hadn't seen in a while. 

Barry and Oliver were talking about how much Ollie helped with the proposal and how much Barry and I appreciated it. They were also talking about The Flash and Arrow. 

I was with Caitlin, Iris, Felicity, and Sara talking about our lives now. Iris was married, Caitlin was in a new relationship, Felicity was married and had just gotten a new job, Sara was single and still time-traveling, and I was engaged and being Supergirl. I looked to the entrance, still hoping that Alex would decide to show. 

"You can't blame her if she doesn't show." I heard Caitlin say. I brought my attention back to the group and realized she was talking about Alex. 

"Yeah, I know. I'm just hoping she's ok." I said. 

"Who are we talking about?" Sara asked. I looked up to see Felicity and Sara looking confused. 

"Right, um, my sister just got out of a serious relationship and I'm hoping she'll come today. I don't like it when she spends a holiday alone." I explained to them. They nodded, understanding now. 

"She sounds like a great person." Sara said, having never met Alex before. 

"She is. And I think you two would get along really well." I smiled to myself and the others did the same, knowing what I was hinting at, but Sara didn't catch on. 

Barry's POV

I was talking with Oliver, when Digg and Eddie came over to us. 

"Merry Christmas." Eddie patted my back and then shook Oliver's hand. The two hadn't really ever met before. 

"Merry Christmas." I told him. 

"So, I hear you helped with Barry's proposal, Oliver. I knew he didn't do all that on his own." Eddie joked. Ollie and I laughed. 

"Yeah, he needed me. He may look like the romantic type, but he's clueless." Ollie said with a smile. 

"I planned the whole thing. I just needed some help to set it all up in time. And Ollie added in some extras." I explained, knowing they were joking. 

"So, what are you two going to do about The Flash and Supergirl?" Eddie asked. I looked at him confused. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him. 

"You know. When Kara gets pregnant, she won't be able to be Supergirl. And when the baby is born, you won't be able to be The Flash because you'll have a kid." Eddie smirked.