12. The Danvers

Central City - Barry's POV

It's been a week since I'd last seen Kara. I texted her every night and we called each other but other than that, no contact. I missed her. She kept me sane and now Cisco is driving me toward insanity. 

Today I was at STAR Labs and Cisco was rambling on about a name for a villain. That's when my phone started to ring. It was form Kara. I answered and put it on speaker. 

"Hey." I said and Cisco watched my on the phone and listened to Kara. 

"Hold on." Kara said. "Yes, Ms. Grant. Carter is waiting in your office. Ok, I'm back. My mother requests that for Thanksgiving, I invite you, Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, Iris, and Eddie to come." 

"Your mother?" I looked wide eyed to Cisco and mouthed 'What do I do?' He mouthed back 'Go!'

"Yeah. You really don't have to. Actually, I'd prefer you didn't. Thanksgiving's a very bad time for the Danvers family." She sighed. 

"We'd love to come. Maybe we can help keep your family sane." She laughed. 

"You can try. Alright. My mom says you guys need to head here tomorrow." 

"Ok. I'll talk to everyone."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and looked to Cisco. 

"So, you wanna go?" I asked him. 

"You kidding? Free food." Just then Caitlin walked in. 

"Heyyy, Caitlin. How would you feel about going to National City for Thanksgiving?"

"I'd be fine with it. Why?"

"Cause we're going to National City for Thanksgiving." She was going to say something but I interrupted. 

"Thanks for understanding. Bye!"

The Next Day

I talked to Joe and Iris and they said they would come as well. I had to tell everyone Kara didn't know I was Flash and they understood. We arrived at Kara's apartment around 6 p.m. and when she opened the door, she looked amazing. 

"Hey

"Hey. Welcome to the Danvers' Thanksgiving. Make yourself at home." Everyone walked in and Cisco and Winn bonded immediately. Joe and Hank talked. Caitlin and Kara's adoptive mom were talking about medical stuff, and Iris and Alex were making conversation. 

"Thank you for inviting all of us." I told Kara as we stood in the kitchen. She nodded. That's when Kara's adoptive mom called us to the table. We started to eat. Half-way through Alex stood up. 

"Ok, so for the Wests', Allen, Snow, and Cisco. We Danvers' have tradition to say what we're thankful for. I am thankful for a very loving mother, so many friends, new and old, and an amazing sister." Winn went next then Eliza, and then Kara. They passed through the rest of us and that's when Elia started to talk to Alex. 

"So, I hear you were offered a job at Lord Industries?" Kara choked on her water.

"You what?" Kara asked wide-eyed. Alex sighed.

"I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how. I wasn't really thinking Thanksgiving dinner." She said looking to her mother.

"Are you taking it?" Hank asked. 

"I don't know." Alex shrugged. I didn't see what Kara meant when she said the Danvers' were very bad during Thanksgiving.

"You don't know. Alexandra, this is a very good job. Why wouldn't you take it?" Eliza said, sternly. Kara looked to me and Cisco. 

"She used her full name. This won't be pretty." She whispered. 

"I have an amazing job already, mother." 

"Fine. Take the easy way out of life. Don't take a good job. Stay single. Stop looking after your sister. Nothing seems to matter to you anymore." Eliza muttered. Kara shook her head.

"For your information, I have a great job. I am not single. I have an amazing girlfriend. Her name is Maggie. And as for Kara, we all know she doesn't need my protection but I provide it anyways. I look after her night and day. I make sure she's never hurt, emotionally and physically. Of course it matters to me, she's my sister!" I now saw what Kara meant about Thanksgiving's for the Danvers'. 

"You have a girlfriend?" Eliza asked softly. 

"Yes mother. And I don't care if you don't approve. She's amazing to me." 

"I don't disapprove, but you should have said something to me." Before things could go any further, Kara stood up. 

"I think we're done eating. And talking for the night. Maybe everyone should head home." Eliza and Alex were the first to stand. "Not, you two. Sit." 

"I'll be at the hotel where we are staying if you need me." I kissed her goodbye and left. 

National City - Kara's POV

After I talked with Alex and Eliza, I went to see Barry. I knocked on his room and he opened to door. 

"Hey." I said softly. 

"Come on in." I walked in and saw Cisco sitting at the edge of his bed. "Where's Alex and Eliza?"

"Eliza is headed back to her house. Alex is at her apartment. I just needed to escape. I told you Thanksgiving with the Danvers' sucked." I told him and he sat down next to me. 

"Maybe we can fix that." He said looking to Cisco who smiled. We spent the rest of the night watching 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving'. I fell asleep in Barry's arms and spent the night with him, and I couldn't have been happier.