11. Surprises

National City - Barry's POV

I had helped Kara, or Supergirl, put Toyman away again. Of course, she didn't know it was me. I decided in stay in National City and surprise Kara. She told me she worked at Catco as Cat Grant's assistant, so that's where I went. I walked in and turned the corner to see Kara sitting at a desk. I walked over to her. 

"Hey, stranger." I smiled. She looked up and jumped out her seat. 

"Barry!? What are you doing here?" She asked pulling me into a hug. 

"I got bored with Central City. Wanted to see my girlfriend again." She smiled at me. She looked over at a guy sitting at the desk next to her. 

"Oh, Winn. This is Barry. Barry, this is my bestfriend Winn." She introduced us. I shook his hand. 

"So your the amazing boyfriend from Central City she won't shut up about?" He asked me. I smiled and Kara blushed. 

"So, are you busy around here?" I asked her. She told me to follow her and we went into Cat's office. 

"Ms. Grant. I kind of need the day off." She told Cat. 

"Why do you need the day off? I don't pay you to run off with... who's this?" She said pointing to me. 

"Oh, this is, um, my boyfriend." I smiled at Cat. Cat smiled too. 

"You may have the day off. Go." And we left Catco. 

We went down to a coffee place in National and ate lunch. After that, we went to a park and got ice cream and walked around. Then, we went to Kara's apartment to watch a movie. After we finished the movie, we ate dinner. Once we were done eating It was late and Kara told me she didn't want me to be out that late. 

Kara and I slept in her room together and talked almost all night until she fell asleep. 

Next Morning - Kara's POV

"Morning, Danvers." I heard a deep voice say. I opened my eyes to see Barry standing in the doorway to my room. 

"Morning." I smiled. 

"I made breakfast. Get up." He said jokingly. I got up and walked into the kitchen to see a bunch of food. 

"We got pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, and much more. Take your pick." I smiled. 

"You did all this?" I asked, grabbing a plate from the cabinet. 

"Yeah. I wanted to surprise you. You like?"

"I love. Thank you." I kissed him and went to fixing my food. 

"Don't you have work today?" He asked me while we sat at my table to eat. 

"Yeah, but Ms. Grant won't mind me being late. I've worked for her for a couple years now and yesterday was my first day off." His eyes widened and he laughed. 

"Serious about your job, huh?" I nodded. Once I finished eating, I went to put the dish in the sink. 

"You should stay over more often." I turned around to find him right behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Maybe I should." I looked at the time and sighed. 

"I have to get to work. You can stay here and wait for me to get back." I said getting my stuff together, already dressed. 

"I'll be waiting." He sat on the couch and I went to Catco. 

When I got there, Winn came over to my desk. 

"Where's the boyfriend?" He smiled and I blushed. 

"At my apartment." He smiled even bigger. That's when Ms. Grant called me into her office.

"Yes, Ms. Grant?" I said walking up to her desk.

"Where's your new boy toy?" I titled my head.

"My apartment. Why?" 

"Just wondering. Can you reschedule my 4:00 eye appointment to next week. I have so much work to do I won't make it." I nodded writing it in my tablet. "So, when did you meet this young man?" I looked at her confused. 

"Barry?" I asked her. 

"If that's the lucky man's name, sure." I looked down and adjusted my glasses. 

"In Central City. I went there to....visit family." I quickly made up an excuse. She stood from her chair and walked around the desk to now be standing in front me. 

"Sit." She said pointing to the couch behind me. I sat down and she sat across from me. 

"I don't really care about your personal life, Kiera." I nodded. "But I must make sure it won't interfere with your work here."

"It won't. I promise you, Ms. Grant." She stood up. 

"Good. You may go." And I left. After a day at Catco, I went back to my apartment. Barry wasn't there but there was a note. 

I'm sorry, Kara. I called back to Central. I wanted to come say                                                                   bye, but I know your busy. See you around, Girl of Steel. ;)

                                                                              -B.A.

I frowned, but understood why he had to go. That's when my phone went off with a text.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't say bye to you. If you haven't already read my note, this won't make sense." It was from Barry. 

"I just read it. It's fine. I'll see you soon?" I texted back. 

"You know it, Girl of Steel." 

I went to bed smiling. Girl of Steel. I didn't mind the name.