20. Trip to Metropolis

National City - Kara's POV

It had been at least four days since I came back to National City. Barry stayed back in Central City and promised to meet up with me here in about a week. 

I was flying above National City when my phone went off. Winn had found a way to connect my phone to my comm system so I answered.

"Hey, Kara." I heard Clark's voice. 

"Clark! Hey!" I said, excited to hear from my cousin. 

"Just checking in." I stopped and landed on a nearby rooftop. 

"You never just check in. What do you want?" 

"Alex told me about this Bartholomew your dating." Clark said, getting straight to the point. 

"His name's Barry, and yes I'm dating him. Why?" 

"I want to meet him. Bring him to Metropolis tomorrow morning. Thanks. Bye!" Before I could protest, Clark hung up. I decided to call Barry. 

After four rings, he answered. 

"Hey, Kara." He greeted me. 

"Hey. How would you feel about a trip to meet my cousin?" I asked nervously. 

"I'd love to! But is this Kal-el or an Earth cousin?" He asked. 

"Which would make you feel better about coming?" 

"Neither." I laughed. 

"It's Kal-el. He would like to meet you tomorrow morning. So wear something nice." He went to say something but I interrupted him. "'Kay, thanks. Bye!" I hung up and flew to my apartment and waited for the next morning. 

Next Morning - National City - Barry's POV

I ran to National and got there to meet Kara at her apartment. I unlocked the door with the key she gave me to find her in her kitchen. She walked over and kissed me. 

"So, when are we leaving?" I asked her. 

"In about 10 minutes. Let me get my stuff and we can go." After about 15 minutes, Kara and I went to Clark's apartment. She knocked and a women answered. 

"Hi, Kara. Who's this?" She asked. 

"This is Barry, my boyfriend. Clark wanted to meet him." Kara responded hugging her. 

"Oh. Hi, I'm Lois." She said shaking my hand. "Try to avoid all sharp objects while inside." She whispered the last part then left. I looked to Kara with wide eyes and she laughed. 

"Clark!" She called out as we walked inside. I walked in after her and shut the door behind me. I turned to see this man a little taller than Kara. 

"Kara." He said hugging her and then he looked to me. "So your the boyfriend?"

"Yes....sir." I said then slowly added on the last part. 

"Lets sit down." He said as he walked to the couch, Kara and I following. "So, I heard you two were together, then broke up. And I hear that was your fault." 

"Clark." Kara warned him. 

"No, it's fine." I told her. "Yes, that was completely my fault. And I've never felt worse. I felt terrible about it, and I was thankful that Kara decided to give me a second chance." 

I looked to Kara and smiled and she blushed. 

"So, do your overprotective cousin thing with the threats and the questions. Because I love Kara and I don't mind." Just then a smile plastered on Clark's face. 

"I don't think I need to. You two seem happy, and Kara's happiness is all that matters to me." I smiled. "But if you hurt her, I break you." 

I nodded and Kara laughed. We sat there for about another hour and talked about how we meet and so on. After that we headed back to Kara's apartment. 

"That was interesting." I said laying on Kara's bed. 

"Your lucky. Clark's never done that before. He must really like you." She said as she laid on her stomach next to me. She sat there playing with her fingers. I moved to lay on my side. 

"What?" She asked, looking to me. 

"Nothing. Just, happy. Doesn't happen often for me." I smiled. She blushed. 

"I guess it's a superhero thing." She laughed and kissed me. 

Kara and I moved to the living room and had a movie marathon with pizza and potstickers all night, until we fell asleep.