48. Never Home

(My new video of Superflash ^^^ Go Watch!!)

Beginning of August
Kara's POV

It's been two weeks since I went on that date with Barry, and since then, Barry has always been at either STAR Labs or CCPD. I fall asleep at night and he isn't there, but around 11 o'clock I can feel him climb into bed. When I wake up in the morning, he isn't there either. I call him and we talk over the phone but it feels like I'm back in that long distance relationship I was in in the beginning. 

I knew why Barry was always at STAR Labs. He was training Ralph, who had been told Barry was the Flash. The two were getting along, in spite of their past. I didn't mind it. He was helping someone be a hero. But I wanted to spend some time with him, too.

I sat in the living room with Nora and Krypto. Barry had taken Jett to STAR with him. I began playing with them, determined to stay up until Barry came back. We needed to talk. 

Iris' POV

Today was the anniversary of my mother's death. The day we all dreaded. My dad usually closes himself off from everyone on this day. I knew that he wanted to be alone, so I decided not to go to his house to check up on him. This was the first year I would be spending her anniversary with Wally. I had called and asked him to spend the day with me, hoping that it would make both of us feel better. He knew her better than I did, but it still hurt. 

I sat in CC Jitters waiting for Wally, when I saw him come in through the door. He walked over and sat across from me. 

"Hey." He said. 

"Hi." I said back. It was silent for a couple minutes. 

"So what are we doing today?" He asked. 

"I was hoping that we could just do anything to keep our minds off mom. I don't know how depressed I want to be today." I chuckled slightly. 

"Look, I really don't want to be depressed today, so do you think we could just go out and do whatever?" Wally asked me. I nodded and we were off. 

Barry's POV

I sped around the bendy man and saw his left arm extend to trip me, I easily jumped over it but then saw his right arm wrap around me and lift me, preventing me from running. 

"Nice." I smiled at Ralph. I easily vibrated out his grasp and went to get some water. Ralph followed me. 

"So I'm getting better?" Ralph asked. I nodded. 

"A lot." I told him. He looked to the glass and saw Caitlin going through some medical stuff. I looked at him. "You like her." 

"What?" He seemed caught off guard.

"Caitlin, you like her, and I know she likes you. So just go for it." I patted him on the back. 

"What about training?" He asked, watching me walk toward the door with my stuff. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him. I headed for the apartment, I looked down at the time and saw it was about noon. I stopped and decided to go to CCPD instead. 

Wally's POV

After having coffee at CC Jitters, Iris and I went to the park, museum, out for ice cream, to lunch, and now we were just walking around Central. We had basically done anything there was to do in Central City. 

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, what was she like?" She asked me. I looked over to her and hesitated. 

"She was kind, sweet, caring, and I know that if she hadn't left you guys, she would have loved you so much." I told her in all honesty. "You're just like her."