19. Team-up

Star City - Barry's POV

Curtis, Rory, and I were waiting for Rene to show up because he declined my offer to carry him. 

"You should have taken him up on his offer to carry you. It was awesome." Curtis said as Rene stopped his bike in front us. 

"Nobody's carrying me anywhere." He said, turned away from us. 

"It's so cool Felicity reached out. It's awesome to meet you." Rory said. 

"Yeah, well. Wait 'till you meet her." I said looking up. Just then Kara flew down and landed on the roof. 

"Hey everybody!" She said happily. I waved. 

"Oh, I've had enough of this." Rene mumbled, but we could all hear him. He headed inside. Kara looked to me and I shrugged. I followed Rene inside. 

"Yo. You want some company?" I asked. 

"Not really." He continued to walk. 

"Ok." I nodded but continued to follow him. "So what exactly is it you've had enough of?"

"Nothing. I just didn't know there were flying meta-humans now." Just then Kara came out of nowhere. 

"No sign of Washington." She said. 

"Uh, Supergirl's not a meta. She's an alien." I said to Rene. 

"Oh, I'm one of the good ones." She smiled. 

"There are no good ones." 

"Hey. What's your damage man?" I asked. Rene turned around and took off his mask. 

"My damage is that people like you two have the power of gods, yet you think you can make the world a better place just by putting on a fancy costume." 

"No. We-we think that we make the world a better place..." Kara started turning to me. "Because w-well, we do."

"Yeah." I agreed. 

"Look around. Moment he showed up, metas start appearing everywhere. Now you show up, and we get aliens." Rene complains. "Superpowers are evil man. And I don't want anything to do with them." 

Rene turned around, put his mask back on, and kept walking. I turned to Kara. She shrugged. We decided to follow him. 

When we walked in, Rene was about to get hit with an electric thing. I ran and moved him out of the way. I ran back to the women and punched her with super speed.  I heard a noise and turned to see Kara landing not far away. I left the women there and ran to the other side of the building. 

Kara grabbed her and punched her to send her flying my way. I used my speed to run at her and hit her to send her back to Kara's feet. She was passed out. 

Rene walked over along with Rory and Curtis. 

"That was awesome." Rory commented and Kara and I smiled. 

"Thanks for the save." Rene said. 

"Is that all you have to say?" Kara asked folding her arms across her chest.

"I don't do apologies, sweetheart." Rene went to take off his mask. "But if superpowers are a thing, it's good there are guys like you to help the world."

I looked to Kara and smiled and took her hand in mine. She looked to me and smiled. 

A couple hours later....

We headed back to the Hanger and decided to celebrate. As we were celebrating, Agent Smith walked in. He was someone who didn't really like us. He was talking to Nathan Heywood from the Legends Team. They were arguing when Kara walked up to him. 

"Agent Smith! It's so funny seeing you here." She said, everyone was watching. "I was just having the loveliest chat with your president about you. I was telling her, in National City, we have a Department of Extranormal Activities, which deals specifically with aliens." 

Agent Smith had a confused look on his face. 

"She thought it was an excellent idea." Kara smiled. She walked a little closer to him. "She also loved my pitch about reassigning you to Antartica." 

I laughed to myself as I saw Agent Smith's reaction. Kara smiled and walked toward us. 

"It was great being apart of the team. Thanks guys." Kara smiled. 

"We'd love to have you back, Kara. You were really useful." Sara smiled. Kara nodded. We waved goodbye and left. 

As Kara and I were walking, she started to talk. 

"Thanks, for letting me help." I smiled. 

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't let my alien girlfriend help us stop aliens?" I laughed and kissed her. She smiled as we continued to walk back to Joe's house.