37. Kara and Alex

Alex's POV

I was sitting at my apartment in National. Maggie was out late doing NCPD business and I had nothing to do at the DEO. Kara had called me about an hour ago telling me she was coming to visit me. I was hoping that they had found a way to change the future, that she was coming to tell me she would be fine. 

Kara flew into the apartment a few moments later. She came and sat down next to me. 

"I need to talk to you about something." Kara said as she kicked off her shoes and relaxed. I nodded, telling her to go ahead. "When the time comes, and if something goes wrong, can you just promise me something?" 

I was hesitant. Every time Kara said 'if i die', I would always jump in and say nothing would happen. But this time I just nodded. 

"Promise me that you won't fall into this dark and lonely trance. No matter what happens, promise me, you won't go back to drinking. Don't push away Maggie. Keep your job at the DEO. Don't lock yourself away in your apartment. And please, don't let Barry dwell on my death for years. Make sure he moves on."

"Kara..." 

"Promise me that, Alex." Kara insisted. 

"What the hell makes you think I can just get Barry to stop missing you. Do you realize how important you are to him?" I asked her, trying to change the subject. 

"Yeah, I do. Because I care about him, and that's why I need you to make him move on. Because if he doesn't, he will spend the rest of his life, as Barry and The Flash, empty. I don't want that for him." 

I sat there quiet, still unsure of how to answer her. 

"Alex." Kara got my attention again. "Promise?" 

I hesitantly nodded. "I promise, that nothing is going to happen to you and I won't have to make Barry do anything." 

Kara laughed. I would miss that. 

"But yeah. I promise if something is to happen, which it won't, I will take care of everyone." I smiled, but deep down I felt like I was lying. How was I going to keep everyone else in check when I probably wouldn't be doing much different?

We sat in a silence for a couple minutes before I spoke up again. 

"You know I'm not going to let anything happen to you right?" I asked her. 

"I know that. I also know that you're not going to accept defeat if something does happen. You're going to try to change what happened. Because that's who you are. You're Alex Danvers. The brave, the beautiful, the amazing, Alex Danvers." Kara smiled. I chuckled. 

"And you're Kara Zor-el. The strong, the happy, the loving, Kara Zor-el. You've sacrificed so much for everyone else, and look what you get in return." I sighed. "I mean, this is how the world repays you for saving and protecting a city? I don't get it." 

"Alex..." Kara sighed. 

"Seriously. There are criminals walking the streets right now, no death sentence in a couple of weeks. But you. You holding the weight of the world on your shoulders and it doesn't even phase you. You're so strong and do great things for this city, and somehow this is what you get in return." I rest my elbows on my knees. 

"Alex. I might die, but at least I'll have gotten to save plenty of innocent lives and stop dozens of criminals. Once I'm gone, I know you'll keep fighting to get those criminals off these streets, and keep these people safe." Kara smiled. 

"Ohana means family..." She started. I chuckled and joined in. "And family means no one gets left behind." 

A/N:

I know this was a somewhat short chapter but I like it! I wanted to get a chapter just between the sisters and I did it! It might not be the best but it's what I got and I'm not completely disappointed. 

Weekly Photo Edit!

If you watch PLL, you know where the quote is from! As always, criticism is appreciated and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! 

As always, criticism is appreciated and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!