28. Savitar

The Next Morning - Kara's POV

I woke up and the first thing I felt was Barry's arms wrapped around me. I looked over and saw he was still asleep. I shifted a tiny bit, trying not to wake him.

As much as I tried, I couldn't fall back asleep.

Every time I closed my eyes, I imagined dying, being stabbed by Savitar. My heart started beating faster.

What if we couldn't change the future? What if I died? What if I lost Barry and Alex and everyone else? What would that do to them? To him?

I went to pull the covers up to my neck and it must have woken up Barry because that's when I heard his voice.

"Morning." His deep, tired voice said, startling me. I looked over at him and smiled. "Why are you up so early?" He asked me looking at the alarm clock on my dresser.

"Couldn't sleep." I looked away and he knew why.

"We are going to stop him. You're not going anywhere, Kara." His voice said calmingly but it didn't help.

"But what if we can't? And before you say we will, there is a chance we won't. The future isn't easy to change, H.R. said so himself." I said sitting up pulling the covers to connect the sheets behind my bare chest.

"As long as I'm here, I'm not going to stop fighting to save you. Your not alone." He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. I looked right in his green eyes.

"I love you." He kissed me.

"I love you too. And until we can figure this out, I'm not leaving your side. So get used to me." I laughed.

"I think I can do that." I smiled a real smile, something I haven't done in a while. 

A Couple Hours Later - Narrator's POV

Barry had gone to help with a problem in Central. He would have brought Kara but he made her promise to stay at S.T.A.R. Labs unless it was very serious. Barry was losing the battle and needed help. 

"Barry needs help." Cisco says aloud. Kara stands up. 

"I can go!" She volunteers, but everyone quickly shoots her down. 

"Wally's on his way." H.R. says. 

Barry's POV

I was at the scene, waiting for Wally to get there. He sped in and stopped right beside me. We were fighting the guys when I let him finish it and knock them out. 

We turned around to high school cheerleaders cheering for us. 

"They saved us!" They said. 

"Who are you?" One of them asked Wally. He looked to me and I shrugged. 

"I'm Kid Flash." They all started to chant his name and he took a picture of them. We ran back to S.T.A.R. Labs. 

"Nice save!" Cisco said as we walked in. 

"Yes, bravo, boys." Julian said sitting behind the computers. "Although, I did find at least six ways you could have done it more efficiently. Just saying." 

Kara walked up to me and leaned on the railing beside me. 

"So exactly how many hot cheerleaders were there?" She raised her eyebrows and smiled. 

"I was a good boy." I held my hands up in defense. She laughed and gave me a peck on the lips. 

"I have to go. Catco awaits." I frowned and she stopped. "I'm still a reporter, Barry. I can't stop because of what you saw." I nodded and watched her walk out. 

I walked up by Cisco. 

"I can't lose her, Cisco. Please tell me you have found a way to change the future." I asked desperately. 

"I know that, Barr. And Caitlin and I will continue to do everything we can to fix this." I nodded and ran to change. I came back in my sweats and hoodie. 

"Call me if you find anything, okay?" I asked him and he nodded. I ran back to our apartment and waited for Kara to come back.