73. More Alien Than Human

End of May
Narrator's POV

Supergirl was amazing recently. She was everywhere, doing everything, saving everyone. But Kara Danvers hadn't been seen in a while, not the true Kara Danvers. Kara would go to work, barely do what she needed, leave anytime she wanted for Supergirl purposes, and no one stopped her. They all believed it would pass at some point, that it was just the grief striking her. She was trying to keep herself busy with Supergirl so that she didn't have to think about Barry. 

But they soon realized that wasn't the case, and Caitlin and Iris decided to finally have a sit down with the Girl of Steel about what was going on. They drove over to Kara's apartment where they knew she would be at this time of day. They took the elevator to the correct floor and knocked on the door three times. It flung open and they were faced with Kara. 

"Hey, what's up?" She asked unenthusiastically. 

"We need to talk, Kara." Iris responded. 

"About what?" Kara asked, oblivious to the reason her sister was here. They two woman entered the loft and sat down on the couch, waiting for the Maiden of Might to join them. Kara sat down across from them in one of the chairs. 

"We are worried about you, Kara. What you're doing isn't healthy." Caitlin started. Kara immediately knew what they were here for, and she wasn't going to have it. 

"I don't need to be babysat by you two, okay? I appreciate the concern, but there is nothing wrong." Kara said, standing up and walking into the kitchen. They followed after her. 

"Kara, we aren't trying to baby you with this. We just want to make sure you are finding time to be Kara Danvers as well as Supergirl." Iris commented, concerned for the well-being of her friend. 

"Kara Danvers sucks right now, okay?" Kara raised her voice, making both woman flinch. "Supergirl is who I want to be. Because if I had to choose between the sad, broken girl who's boyfriend is dead or the superhero who doesn't have to deal with those problems, I would choose Supergirl."

"You're not letting yourself feel any emotions, Kara." Caitlin jumped in. 

"If it were Ralph, or Eddie, what would you be doing?" Kara asked the two ladies. The glanced at each other than back to Kara. "You'd be at CCPN, Iris. Caitlin, you'd be at STAR Labs, burying yourself in work. You'd both be wrecks, but you'd refuse to show it, because you know you're better than that." 

"You're right. I would be a wreck, and I wouldn't let people know it because I didn't want to have to deal with talking about it." Caitlin said. "But it's okay to be sad about this."

"But I'm not." Kara responded immediately. "Because that's what humans would do, and I'm not a human. I tried to be, but that didn't work out very well. I have to accept that at heart, I am an alien. It's who I will always be." 

The two were silent. They had nothing to say, nothing that wouldn't be shot down. 

"So, unless you have something about work, then..." Kara trailed off, but the woman got the gist of what was being said. They started to move towards the door and when Iris opened it, Caitlin turned back to face Kara, who was on her laptop typing away. 

"Kara Danvers... was the best person I knew. She was my best friend and she said me more times than Supergirl ever did. So, Supergirl, you think about that while you try to get rid of her." Caitlin said and then stormed out the loft with Iris a few feet behind her. 

A/N:

Two weeks in a row?! WoW!! I'm proud of myself! XD

3x01 of Supergirl was my inspiration for this chapter. I was kind of combining Season 3 of Supergirl with the end of Season 3 of The Flash. I hope you guys liked it. It was fun for me to change the scene in 3x01 up a bit and then add in Caitlin and Iris instead of Alex. 

Thanks for reading and I will see you guys in the next chapter!! 

74. Kal-el of Krypton | Beginning of June | Caitlin reaches out to Clark in hopes that he will be able to talk Kara out of her state. Clark comes to Central City to put the Girl of Steel back together.