31. Krypto the Dog

Kara and Barry's Apartment - Barry's POV

I was standing in the living room, lighting all the candles and organizing the yellow sunflowers, which were Kara's favorite. I had the crate sitting in the corner of the room, along with the bed and bucket of toys. 

All of the past week has been spent in the lab trying to change the future. I could tell Kara felt like a lab rat and hated it. She knew we were doing everything we could to help her, but I wanted to make sure she knew that I still thought of her as human. 

I was finishing lighting the candles when I heard the door start to be unlocked. I super speeded to finish the decorations and then stood in the center of the room with flowers in my hand. Kara walked through and looked really confused. 

"What's all this?" She asked as she set her back and keys down on the table. I walked to her and handed her the flowers, which she took and smiled at me. I gave her a quick kiss and she wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"I know with everything going on lately-" I started but she interrupted. 

"You mean trying to figure out how to change the future that might not even happen?" Kara asked me and I nodded. 

"I wanted to do something special for you." I had her leave the flowers next to her bags and walked her to the living room. 

"I talked to Eliza and asked her what you would like and she suggested this. I know I've wanted it since I was a kid. So..." I said walking over to the crate and brought it back to be in front Kara. She widened her eyes and smiled. 

I opened the crate door and out ran one of the most adorable things ever. A cute puppy ran to Kara's legs and she quickly picked it up. 

"You bought a dog!?" Kara gasped and laughed as the puppy squirmed in her arms. 

"Eliza said when you were around 15, you always used the laptop in the house to research photos of this dog. She suggested if I wanted to get you something you'd use every day and never want to leave, I should get this little guy." I said petting him as he squirmed in her arms. 

"Well, thank you. This is the absolute best gift anyone has ever given me." Kara laughed and kissed me. She looked back to the dog. "What are we gonna call you?" She asked the dog. 

"I was thinking Krypto." I suggested. She looked to me. 

"Really?" Kara asked. I nodded. 

"It's cute and I thought you'd like it." I said, getting nervous that she would hate it. 

"I love it." Kara smiled. "Krypto the dog." 

Kara and I spent the rest of the night playing with Krypto in the living room. He was adorable and the most energetic puppy but Kara loved him. I knew that this was the start to our future, because I wouldn't stop until she was safe and alive. I looked at Kara play tug of war with the dog. She had to pull slightly so the dog could keep a grip on the rope. I smiled and thought, 'One day I'm going to -'

Suddenly my phone went off. I checked it and saw a text from Cisco. 

There is a robbery in progress at Central City Bank. Supergirl and the Flash are needed! He texted me. I looked to Kara and she nodded. She picked up the puppy and smiled.

"I just got him and you said so yourself. I would never leave him." She smiled and we raced to the bank. I looked up as a ran and saw her and Krypto having the time of their lives. Kara Danvers. My Kara Danvers.