07. Meeting the West's

Central City - Kara's POV

The next day, everything was normal. Nobody tried to kill anyone. And it was relaxing. I was supposed to meet Barry's foster sister and father. Truthfully, I had already at the hospital, but he didn't know that. I had something good with Barry, I didn't want to ruin it by telling him I'm an alien. It was 8:25 and I had to be at the West's by 9:00. 

"Kara, what do you want to do tonight? I was thinking-" Alex said coming out the kitchen into the bathroom where I was doing my hair. "Where are you going?" 

"I told you earlier, Alex. I'm going out with, Barry." Just then there was a knock on the door. Alex opened the door and I heard talking.

"Hello, Barry." She said.

"Alex. Where's Kara?" Barry asked her.

"Bathroom." Alex said. 

"I'll wait here." Barry told her. I walked out the bathroom with my long t-shirt and nike shorts on.

"You can come in, Barry." Barry smiled and came inside, he walked into the bathroom and stood at the door. "Your early." 

"Well, I couldn't stay away." I scoffed and looked at him waiting for the real reason.

"Fine." He gave in. "Joe kept asking about you and Iris was squealing in my ear. I had to escape." He walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "And where's better to escape to than my girlfriend's place?" He finished and kissed me, before it could get anymore heated than it was already, Alex cleared her throat. We pulled apart, may face red. Alex walked away. 

"Ok, what are you wearing?" Barry said stepping back.

"Oh, I was planning on wearing this. Is it not good enough." I said sarcastically. He laughed and pulled open my suitcase. I sat down on the floor next to him. He started sorting through my clothes. 

He pulled out a grey tank down with a sort of brown skirt and a long tan jacket. 

"How about this?" Barry asked me

"How about this?" Barry asked me. I smiled.

"We can put that as a maybe." I chuckled and he kept looking. Next he pulled out a tight black dress with some red flowers on it. 

I shrugged

I shrugged. "Are you sure the first time I meet your family, you want me to wear that?" He sighed, he knew I was right. He put it away. Finally, he pulled out a black lace up cold shoulder tee and white jeans. 

"That's more like a club outfit

"That's more like a club outfit." Barry put it away and pulled out the first outfit again. 

"Kara, I don't care what you wear. If my family has an issue with it they can take it up with me." I smiled, and took the first outfit. He left the bathroom and I got dressed. When I came out, Barry and Alex were sitting at the counter. Barry looked at me and smiled.

"Alright, time to go. Come on." He said pushing me out the door. "Bye, Alex." 

"Have her back by 11!" Was the last thing I heard her say. 20 minutes later we were at the West's household. He brought me up to the door and opened it. 

"Hey, everyone." Barry stepped inside and dragged me in after him. I saw a brown hair girl and red head girl about my age. Then a men who looked to be Barry's age, (A/N: Barry and Kara are the same age) with dark blonde hair. Next I saw the man who I met at the bar along with Barry, Cisco.  And then I saw the man who must have been Barry's foster father. 

"This is Kara Danvers." I waved slightly uncomfortable. The girl with dark brown hair walked up to me and Barry. She hugged Barry and then shook my hand. 

"It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Iris. I've heard so many good things about you." She said, then I looked at Barry who shrugged. "Please, come in. We are about to play The Game of Life." Barry sighed. 

Then his foster father walked up to me and hugged me on the spot. "I'm Joe, Barry's foster father. It's nice to meet you." I smiled and he smiled back. Joe went back into the kitchen and Barry walked up behind me putting an arm around me. 

"This is Caitlin and you know Cisco." I recognized them from STAR Labs. They smiled at me and waved. "And this is Eddie. Iris' boyfriend." Barry continued. We smiled at each other. 

The next hour and a half was spent playing board games and laughing. I sat next to Barry and across from us was Caitlin and Cisco. Iris and Eddie to our left and Joe to our right. They were the nicest people. The first people to leave were Caitlin and Cisco. Then Iris and Eddie. Barry and I were about to leave when I saw how upset Joe was to be alone. I bumped Barry in the shoulder and he saw Joe upset, too.

"Hey, Joe. I'm gonna stay here tonight." Joe nodded looking a little happier. 

"What about Kara? It's almost 10:40." He then looked at me. "I can't allow you to take a taxi this late. You'll stay here." 

"I don't want to impose." I said kindly. 

"Nonsense. You can take Iris' old room and Barry can have his old room." Joe smiled and I accepted. I called Alex and told her. Joe walked me to Iris' old room and gave me some of her old clothes to sleep in. I got dressed and Joe went to bed. 

Barry came in my room to see me. "Are you sure your okay with staying here?" 

"Yeah. I don't mind." I told him. He smiled and kissed me then went to bed. I laid down and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. A slow 10 minutes passed and I gave up.

I got up and walked to Barry's room. He was laying down asleep in his bed. I knocked quietly. When he sat up, I saw he was shirtless. And I'm happy it was so dark, because my face was really red. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He said tiredly.

"I couldn't sleep. But you were asleep so I won't bother you." I went to leave but before I could Barry called my name. 

"Come here." He told me. I walked over and got under the covers. He put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I used his chest as a pillow, and within 3 minutes I was asleep.