52. Saving a Relationship

September 16, 2017
Alex's POV

I was pacing in the living room waiting for Maggie to return. We had been talking over the past few weeks about kids ever since we met Lena's friend Sam and her daughter. Maggie doesn't want any, but I want them. Kara was out with Lena and Sam at the moment, so it gave me the perfect opportunity to talk to Maggie alone. 

I heard her come inside and she saw me standing in the living room. 

"What's going on?" She asked. I sighed. 

"Can we sit?" I asked her. She nodded and we sat on the couch. 

"You're scaring me." She breathed in. I hesitated before starting. 

"A few weeks ago, I asked you about having kids, you said you didn't want any." I told her. She scoffed and stood up.

"Are you kidding?" She breathed. 

"What?" I stood up. 

"I thought something happened to Kara or someone, and this is just about kids? You can't do that, Alex. I thought someone died!" She exclaimed. "I'm so glad that it's not that important." 

"This is important, Maggie! It's important to me!" I raised my voice. 

"I thought we already talked about this. No kids." She said. 

"No. You talked, I listened." I told her. "It's my turn." 

She crossed her arms and listened. 

"I want kids. I really do. I want to be a mom. Drive them to school, handle boyfriends or girlfriends. I want it all. But you don't." I said. She nodded. 

"I thought you didn't want them either?" Maggie asked, confused. 

"I thought that if I could just convince myself to not want them, it would work, but I do. But I also want you." I told her. 

"Well, you can't have both, Alex." 

Barry's POV

It's been about four days since Oliver arrived in Central and we started working on my plan. Everything was working out great so far, and I hope it continues that way. Oliver and I had the apartment ready to go. 

Cisco had called me out for Flash business and I took Ollie with me. We were standing in the cortex after having locked up the meta. 

"Thank you for helping me this week." I told him, taking off my gloves. Cisco and Caitlin were in the room with us, and were listening. 

"No problem. I usually would not offer my help in this department, but you called me all the way to Central so there was no point in coming all this way just to tell you no and leave." Oliver said. 

"Well, I'm hoping it works." I breathed. 

"Me, too. Call me and let me know how everything goes?" He asked. I nodded. 

"And I'll make sure to let her know you helped. She'll find it hilarious." I chuckled. I gave me a stern look and then grinned slightly. 

"I'm sure she will." He said. "Well, I've got to head back. I've got a son and wife to get back to after all." 

"Tell Felicity I say hey." I told him. He nodded and then left. 

"I'm sorry, what's going on?" Cisco asked, having heard everything. 

"I would love to tell you, but I can't." I told him. "See you guys tomorrow." 

I then ran to Joe's to put on something different then ran to the apartment to wait for Kara.