43. Memories of an Angel

(A/N: The POV's for this chapter all take place on the same day, just different people thinking about Kara and the memories they made together.)

Barry's POV
Beginning of June

I had been staying at Joe's house since that night. I would have gone back to the apartment sooner, but I couldn't look at the place. The memories we made there were too much for me to bear.

I hesitantly unlocked the white door that would lead me down memory lane. I walked inside the apartment and everything was the same. Everything but one. She wasn't here.

I put my keys in our glass bowl by the front door and threw my jacket on the back of the couch. I looked to the coffee table and saw her glasses.

I looked away quickly and went into our bedroom. I saw a picture frame on the nightstand by our bed. I sat on my side of the bed and held it in my hands.

It was a picture of Kara and I at Christmas, before I asked her to move in with me.

I opened the drawer and shoved the frame inside. I looked around and then saw Krypto's dog bed.

He had been staying with Alex and Maggie for me, but they probably needed the comfort from a furry friend.

Finally, I saw the small box in my dresser drawer. I had such hope that we would save Kara so I bought it. I guess now I have to return it, she'll never get to wear it.

I walked back into the living room and stood in the dead center of it. I looked around me all the memories coming back at once.

Suddenly, I collapsed. I wasn't hit or knocked out, but I just felt a release in my heart and I fell. I laid there, hugging myself, as I cried.

She is gone. There is no bringing her back, because she's gone. I guess I had put off realizing that until now.

I could have gotten up and moved, but I didn't want to. I just wanted to stay here and never leave. And for the next few days, that's exactly what I would do.

Alex's POV

I was sitting on my couch, my almost empty wine bottle sitting on the coffee table in front me.

I remembered what Kara told me that day.

'No matter what happens, promise me you won't go back to drinking. Don't push away Maggie. Keep your job at the DEO. Don't lock yourself away in your apartment.'

The words repeated in my head everyday. I wish I could be strong. But she was my sister. Is....is my sister.

I didn't want to let her down. Or maybe I did. My emotions have started to control me.

If I didn't want to let her down, why am I dismissing everything she asked of me? Why wasn't I who she wanted me to be?

If she were here, she would be yelling at me for not listening.

We haven't had her funeral yet. I was in charge of making the arrangements, but Joe decided I was in no condition to do so.

From what I heard, neither was Barry, who I hadn't heard from since the night it happened.

I got up to get more beer from the fridge when I saw something on the counter. It was a note from Maggie.

'I can't sit around and watch you do this to yourself. I just need to remind you of who you're disappointing.'

I looked over and saw a picture of Kara and me. It was back around the time when I first starting dating Maggie. She was so happy for me.

I didn't grab any more alcohol, but I went to sit back on the couch and think.

Clark's POV

I had continued to be Superman, that's what Kara would have wanted. She came here to protect me, the least I can do is honor her.

Lois had stayed home for two days straight. I had been strong. I haven't shed a single tear. But isn't that what Kara would have done?

I was sitting at my desk at work. My computer binged. It was a message from my boss, but I ignored it.

That's when I saw her name. Kara Danvers. I decided to scroll through some of our old messages.

'Hey, Clark. I have something to tell you.'

'Hey, Kara. Did Barry finally propose?!'

'What? No. Did you think he would?'

'Lois, James, and I have a bet going.'

'Clark!'

I laughed at the memories. I wish she was still here. She could have done such good for this planet. In fact, she did.

Supergirl hadn't appeared since and everyone was getting suspicious. We knew when we buried Kara, we would reveal her as Supergirl to the world but no one was planning the funeral.

Alex was supposed to, but she wasn't 'healthy enough' according to Joe. Then it was passed onto Barry, but I knew he wasn't ok. He never left his foster father's.

I sat there thinking about Kara, and how, for such a good person, everything went wrong. 

A/N:

I know, I know. I'm a terrible person. Quite frankly, I hate myself for this outcome.  

Weekly Photo Edit!

I'm actually very impressed with myself because the chapter before this one was about 1,650 words, maybe

I'm actually very impressed with myself because the chapter before this one was about 1,650 words, maybe. I think that's a little over my greatest amount. Hope you liked the chapter! Make sure to vote!

I also like this idea from Karry Universe (one of my favorite Superflash Fanfics EVER), which is adding a small summary at the end of the chapter for the next. 

Next time in Zor-Allen Love Story...

Middle of June - Barry is trying to cope with Kara's death when someone pays him a visit. Felicity, having heard what happened, visits Central to help the girls of Team Superflash cope with the Girl of Steel's passing.