76. Couples Therapy

Beginning of July
Narrator's POV

Kara and Barry were better than what they were when Barry first came back, but not 100% better. Caitlin suggested to Barry that they should go to couples therapy to work through their problems together, and Barry gave it a shot, mentioning it to Kara. Granted she wasn't thrilled with the idea at first, but it seemed important to Barry, and she wanted to fix things between them as much as possible. 

So here they were, sitting across from a complete stranger, ready to spill all of their problems to her. But they had to be careful of what was said, so that they didn't give away their secret identities. 

"So, Barry, Kara, welcome. It means a lot that you came here today, not many people can admit that their relationship isn't in the best place it could be." She started off, Kara was playing with her fingernails at the moment. "So, why are you two here today?"

"Well, recently I had to go on a trip for work, out of country, and it lasted about two months. And I couldn't call or text, or reach out to Kara in any way. But when I came back, things were different between us. And I really just want to fix them, and go back to the way things were before that trip." Barry explained to the therapist. She nodded, taking notes the whole time. 

"And Kara, how did you feel when Barry left for his work trip?" Mrs. Glass, the therapist, asked her. She looked up from her fingernails and sighed. 

"I was upset, because I told him that if he left for that...trip, we would have no idea when he would come back. And when he left, I couldn't contact him, I didn't even know where he was. And when I heard he was back, I was kind of hoping that it wasn't true. Because who knows if he'd go on another trip and who knows how long he would be gone, or if he'd come back at all." Kara rambled on. 

"I'm not going on anymore trips." Barry joined into the conversation. 

"How do you know that? Going on this one was an in the moment decision. Who knows if you'd do that again." Kara told him. 

"I won't. It was hell without you with me, and I've learned what that's like. I don't want to do that again. Not without you." Barry took her hands. Mrs. Glass cleared her throat, breaking up the moment. 

"I feel like you two have solved all of your problems. Now you just need to move through them. I hear you are getting married, focus on that a little more, and less on this trip. The past can't be changed, but the future is still undecided." Kara looked to Barry and smiled, the first genuine smile since he got here. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Glass. You were very helpful today." Barry commented, without breaking eye contact with Kara. 

-Time Skip-

Kara and Barry were sitting on their couch, the wedding binder in front of them. 

"So, I see Iris never stopped planning the wedding." Barry said, handing his fiance a glass of wine while sitting next to her. 

"She was very convinced you would come back before the wedding." Kara giggled, taking a sip of her red wine before setting it down on the coffee table. Barry set his drink on the table on the side of the couch, and turned back to close the binder in front of them. 

"So almost everything is done, right?" Barry asked, and Kara nodded. "So there's nothing for us to do tonight?" Kara nodded again. "Well, in that case." 

Barry leaned over and kissed Kara, and as time went on things got much more heated. And it was a great one night delayed welcome home present. 

A/N:

Yay! I feel like I'm uploading so much lately! I've written so many chapters in just two days and I love it! I hope you guys liked this chapter, I know it wasn't much but the next few chapters are going to be full of Superflash and Karry! Who's ready?! 

And for those of us who are wondering and who are ready for the Karry Wedding, here is a spoiler for you guys:
Only Four Chapters Until The Wedding!!

xoxo, superflashfann

77. Back to the Start | Middle of July | Kara and Barry have finally worked through all of their problems. It's a day filled with memories and flashbacks of their beginning.