39. Savitar's Identity

Kara's POV

"What?" I asked him, stunned and confused at the same time. 

"He's a time remanent of me. He remembers everything I've done." Barry explains, seeming to still be processing the information himself. 

"And that's how he's always one step ahead of us." Cisco realized. 

"Exactly." Barry sighed. "I don't know how to stop him, especially since he's me." 

"Well, knowing who he is could possibly help, right?" Joe asked. 

"Yeah, maybe, I-...I don't know." Barry stuttered. I gave him a look to breathe and he nodded, understanding me. 

"Well, what did your future self say about it?" Caitlin asked. Barry hesitated, looking around. 

"That knowing who he is won't stop him. And I understand that now. Because every memory I make or have, he knows it, so no matter what we plan, he'll know everything, and that makes this so much harder." Barry stressed. 

"Well, we're not giving up. We've come too far to do that now." Cisco said.

"Ok, so how much time does Kara have left?" Caitlin asked. I looked to Barry, who sighed. 

"Two weeks." Barry finally answered. 

"That's fine. We won't stop until someone dies." Cisco said. We all shot him a look. "Well, hopefully not Kara." 

I sighed and went to walk in the hallway. I needed to process everything I'd just been told. I was pacing back and forth, biting my fingernails. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approach me. I turned around to see Barry taking off his gloves. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked up at me. 

"Are you?" I sighed. 

"Two weeks, Barry. That's all we have. And he's you, and that doesn't help, because he's knows what we are doing and I-" 

"Kara." Barry stopped my rambling. "Breathe." 

I took a deep breath and he wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back. 

"We'll figure this out. Even if it means we never sleep again." He chuckled lightly, and so did I. 

I backed up and looked him in the eyes. "I love you."

"I know." He smirked. (A/N: If you know where that quote is from, we are now bestfriends!) "And I love you too." 

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. 

"Let's go home." He smiled at me. I saw red lightning run past me then return a minute later. He was now wearing his regular clothes. 

"Walking?" I asked him. 

"Two weeks." He said. "I don't want to waste them running around." 

---

Kara and Barry were lying in their bed the next morning. Kara's eyes fluttered open and she yawned. She looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:43 am. She picked up her phone and went to see if she had any messages, but she didn't, so she set it back down. 

Suddenly, she felt fingertips tracing circles on her bare back. She flipped her body to face Barry, who was now wide awake. 

"Morning." He smiled and kissed her. 

"Morning." Kara smiled back at him. 

"Ready to get up?" He asked, sitting up straight in the bed. 

"No." Kara stretched then buried her face in Barry's pillow, behind his back. He turned and kissed her forehead. 

His phone started to ring and CCPD needed him. 

"I gotta go." Barry whispered in her ear. 

"M'kay." Kara mumbled. 

"I'll be back. Love you." Barry smiled at her, speeding to get dressed. 

"Love you too!" Kara called after him as he ran away. She smiled to herself. Barry Allen was someone who she wanted to be with forever, but why did her forever have to be so short?