38. Travel to the Future

Barry's POV

I was sitting in the cortex at STAR Labs, thinking about how we can figure out who Savitar is when Kara came in. 

"Hey, cutie." Kara smiled and sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her. 

"Hey, babe." I smiled at her. I saw her eyes go to the notepad beside me. 

"What is this?" Kara asked, picking up the notepad. 

"Math and science I'm using to try and figure out who Savitar is." I answered. 

"Well, I hope you understand what all this means, cause this all just looks like scribbles to me." Kara giggled, putting the notepad down again. 

"Some of it is." I laughed. She leaned down and kissed me. I took the notepad and looked at it. 

"Well, I have no idea how to figure it out. If only I had a future me to help." I said sarcastically. 

"That's it." Kara gasped. "You can run to the future and ask your future self who he is. I mean at some point you'll figure it out." 

"That's a great idea." I said. "How did I not think of that?" 

"Because you only think about screwing with the timeline, not trying to fix it." Kara laughed and stood up. "I have to get to work, I'll see you later." 

I kissed her and then went to tell the others about traveling to the future.

---

I was running, running toward the year 2024. I kept running until I landed in an alleyway. I quickly changed out of my suit and ran to our apartment. I walked in and saw that the place was empty, except for the dirt and dust covering the floor. It was abandoned, except for one thing. I walked over to the other white object on the floor and dusted it off. I saw what it was. A picture of me and Kara. She was on my back and I was carrying her. It was a picture from a summer we spent together. I smiled and then heard a voice. I looked up and saw him. Me. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked me. 

"I came to talk to you." I answered. I saw his eyes go to the picture in my hand. 

"You want to know who Savitar is." He stepped toward me. I nodded. "Knowing won't change it. Nothing will." 

"I have to try." I told him. He shook his head. 

"You'll try, but you'll fail. And you will never be the same. Alex will never speak to you again. Clark will blame you for it all. Eliza won't even pick up the phone when you call." He told me. "They'll never forgive you for it. And you'll push away all your friends and you won't even be able to look... at that." He pointed to the photo in my hand. 

"I'm not going to let her die." I said. 

"You're stubborn. I remember when I was like that." He sighed, looking away. His hair falling in his face. 

"Just tell me who he is, and I can stop him." I pleaded. 

"Knowing who he is will not stop him. Nothing will." He repeated. I shook my head. 

"I won't abandon her." I scoffed. 

"You won't have a choice." He snapped back. "You don't think I didn't love her? How I didn't want to keep her around? I fought so damn hard, and that just got other people hurt."