44. Run, Barry, Run

Narrator's POV

Caitlin, Iris, and Alex were sitting in the cortex of STAR Labs. Everyone else was at their houses and Barry was still unheard from. Alex had just started to get out her house and she decided to spend time with those who could help her with her grief. 

They sat in silence until an buzzer went off. Iris pulled up the screen and saw Felicity standing at the door outside, waiting to get inside. Caitlin pressed a button which opened the door for her. 

"What is she doing here?" Alex asked from her chair. 

"I don't know, she didn't call." Iris said. A moment later, Felicity entered the cortex greeting the three women with hugs. 

"What are you doing here?" Caitlin asked her. 

"I heard about Kara." Felicity said simply. Alex looked down at her fingers. "I'm sorry for your loss." 

"Thanks." Iris thanked her. "Why didn't you call?"

"I called Barry, but it went to voicemail." Felicity said. "When you see him, can you...?" 

"We'll tell him for you." Caitlin said, knowing what she was going to say. 

"Thanks. Anyways, I heard the news and figured you guys would be down and decided to pay a visit to help you guys." Felicity said. 

"Felicity..." Alex started. 

"Look, I know that you probably want to grieve, but don't you think you should at least grieve in a better way than just sitting around?" Alex looked to Caitlin and Iris who were looking back at her. 

"What did you have in mind?"

Barry's POV

I had just finished packing up all her stuff. I had the box closed and written on it "Her Belongings". I was about to bring it downstairs when there was a knock at the door. I sat the box back down and went to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw J'onn standing there. I sighed and hesitantly opened the door.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked.

"No one's heard from you and...." J'onn trailed off when he saw the box's title. "Where are you putting that?"

I looked from J'onn to the box and sighed. "I don't know, I might, give it away or put it at Joe's." I crossed his arms.

"Look, I've spent the last week staring at this stuff acting like she'll magically come back. She won't. So, I'm giving in. Not that I want to, but it's what she'd want." I said, not emotion in my voice or on my face. It was just blank. 

"May I speak with you?" J'onn asked. I reluctantly nodded and let him in. 

Alex's POV

Iris and Caitlin had brought us to an empty storage room at STAR, and brought in a projector. Felicity hooked up her laptop to the projector and a moment later, a video started playing. It was Kara. 

"Alex, what are you doing?" She asked. It was back in high school. There was snow on the ground and she was wearing a long sleeve T-Shirt and black leggings, since the cold never bothered her.

"Someone will want to see this one day." Past me answered. 

"Like who?" Kara asked, folding her arms. "No one will care that we sat outside in the snow." 

"Maybe we'll sit together one day and watch this and remember how I froze my ass off and you weren't even affected." I laughed at the memory. It changed to a photo. It was right after they had solved their first mystery together. The slideshow kept switching from videos to pictures for a couple more minutes until it ended with...