42. Cry for the Fallen

Kara's POV

My name is Kara Danvers and for the first time in my life, I was truly happy. I had a great job, an awesome sister, amazing friends, and a loving boyfriend. But that's the thing about happiness, it always slips away.

I sat in the cortex at STAR Labs, my eyes fixated on the digital clock sitting on the counter. I was the only one here. Caitlin, Cisco, and H.R. went to CC Jitters to work on a solution from there. Joe, Iris, and Wally, who Team Flash somehow got out the speed force, and don't ask me because I have no idea), were at Joe's house, probably asleep. And Barry, I woke up at 3 o'clock this morning and he was gone, but in his place a note. 

Needed to clear my head. Love you, babe. 

-Barry

After that, I had assumed he'd gone for a run around Central City, so I flew to STAR Labs, not wanting to sit around my apartment all day. Krypto was with me sitting in the corner of the room in a bed we had put here for him. I was on my phone looking at photos of me and Barry, or me and Alex, or any pictures at all. Suddenly, there was a puff of wind that hit my face. I looked up and saw Barry standing in front me facing away from me. He took off his cowl and turned toward me. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"Well, I woke up, and my boyfriend wasn't with me so I decided to come here." I explained. 

"I'm sorry about that. I just needed to get some air." He sighed.

"I know." I looked down. "I think everyone needs to do that right about now." 

Barry quickly walked up to me and kneeled in front me, taking my hands in his. "Stop. We are going to fix this, and you're not going anywhere. I'm not going to let that happen, alright?" 

"Yeah, no, I know that." I smiled slightly. 

Hours Later...
Narrator's POV

Team SuperFlash had been together for almost 4 and a half hours now. They had gotten some help and tech but still were trying to piece together everything in time. They only had a couple hours left. Alex, Eliza, Clark, J'onn, Winn, and James had joined them not long ago to come help. Kara looked to Alex who was looking into space. Kara pulled her aside. 

"What? What's up?" Alex asked. 

"I just...wanted to talk to you, before I go out there and something happen." Kara sighed. "I wanted to tell you that even though we weren't best friends when I first joined your family, I have always thought of you as my sister. I could not be happier to have someone like you in my life. And if it ends today," Alex went to interrupt but Kara stopped her. "If it ends today, I'd like to think that I had a pretty good life." 

Kara hugged her sister and that was when they heard Cisco call from the cortex. A flash of lightning ran in with them, and Barry was next to Kara's side. Savitar stood in the center of the cortex. He had a smirk on his face. 

"I remember this place." He smiled. "This is where we made the plan to take down Reign." 

"Who?" Kara asked. Savitar just turned to face them. 

"You haven't gotten there yet." He said. 

"If you think you are taking Kara you're mistaken." Barry said. 

"Is that so?" Savitar asked. "Because I'm just the distraction." 

"Uh, Barry." Cisco said from the computers. "We've got something. CC Jitters, there's something going down there."