51. Trying to Rebuild

Beginning of September
Barry's POV

Kara was still in National City...I didn't know why she was there, she didn't tell me. She had the right not to. We weren't dating anymore. I didn't know what to do. Joe and I would talk at dinner every now and then, but I would avoid all questions. 

I wanted to do something to get her to understand why I lied without just saying it, but I couldn't figure it out. That's why I called for help, from someone you would never think would know anything about this stuff. You'd think all he would know about is putting arrows in people and running from love. But he was my last option before telling Kara outright why I lied. 

I dialed the number for the one person I knew he would talk to and hoped he would come. I put the phone down once again and waited, hoping he would show. 

Kara's POV

I've been in National City for about a week now and I haven't heard from Joe since the first day I got there. Barry hadn't texted, called, emailed, nothing. But could I blame him? I told him not to. 

I was sitting in Alex's apartment waiting for her to get back from the DEO. She had been out all night working and Maggie was out of town on NCPD work. 

The lock on the door clicked and I saw Alex come in. She sat her bag down on the ground and plopped down on the couch next to me, closing her eyes. 

"Tired?" I asked. She nodded softly. "Maybe you wouldn't be if you hadn't stayed out all night." 

"Kara, I run the DEO now. It's a lot harder than it seems. No wonder J'onn never left the place, he couldn't." Alex complained. I giggled, but then quickly went back to serious, and Alex noticed. "What's wrong?" 

"What?" I asked, taken back. 

"You are upset, I can tell. You want to talk about it, so talk. What's wrong?" She asked again. I sighed then began my rant. 

"So, I broke up with Barry for space because he was lying. Told him not to call but now I'm wishing he would call. Or text or email or something. Last time I heard from one of them was Joe and that was the first day I was here. I just want to know how he's doing, if he's okay. When Joe called he told me he was breaking inside and was losing hope that I would ever come back, but I can't come back if he doesn't tell me the truth. But I want to come back. Joe says he meant well. I don't know if I believe him or not but-" 

I was cut off by the noise of quiet snoring. I looked over at Alex to see her asleep. I sighed to myself and picked her up to bring her to her bedroom. I put her under the covers then went back into the living room. I opened my phone and went to his contact. I sat there for the next two and a half hours just staring and thinking. 

Barry's POV

I had been waiting for about an hour and a half now. I sighed and gave up hope you was even coming. I stood up but before I could go upstairs there was a knock at the door. I went to open it to see my friend standing there. 

"What do you need?" He asked. I let him inside. I explained everything. My lying, why I lied, her breaking things off, her leaving, me moving back in with Joe. It felt nice to get off my chest. 

"What do you need me to do?" Oliver asked me once I was finished. 

"I need your help planning something, that she can't say no to. You're pretty good at that." I told him with a chuckle. He smiled slightly. 

"So when do we start?" He asked me. I stood up and grabbed my jacket. 

"Now. Come on." We walked all the way to the apartment and I opened the door. The second I stepped into the apartment, Jett, Nora, and Krypto were surrounding me. I smiled. I missed them. I played with them for about 5 minutes before going back to the task at hand. 

"Ok, so what do we do now?" Ollie asked me, standing in the living room. I pulled something out my pocket. It was a list. 

"We get everything on this list, set it up and we wait for her to come back which should be in the next few days." I told him. He took the list and nodded. 

"This is do-able." He said. "Let's do it." 

I smiled, hoping this would work. 

A/N:

This was a pretty short chapter, but this was as much as I could write before revealing too much. Maybe it's obvious, maybe it's not. I don't really know. 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Weekly Photo Edit:

52. Saving a Relationship | September 16 | Alex and Maggie start to struggle in their relationship. Caitlin and Ralph finally go on a date. Meanwhile, with the help of Oliver Queen, Barry sets up something for Kara, hoping she'll take him back.