58. Midvale

Beginning of December
Kara's POV

I had just gotten off the phone with Winn. He said that Alex and Maggie broke up. I told Barry I would be gone for a few days, packed a bag, and then flew to National City. I knocked on the door and when there was no answer, I used my key to unlock the door. I looked inside and saw Alex sitting on the couch with a almost empty wine bottle in front her. 

I walked inside and took the bottle and poured out the rest in the sink. 

"What are you doing?" She asked me. 

"We're going on a trip." I told her I sped around and packed her bag and then flew her to our destination. 

"Really? You think this place is going to make me feel better?" Alex asked. 

"Come on." I dragged her inside. I knocked on the front door and when it opened I was greeted by my adoptive mother's smile. 

"Come on in, girls." She let us inside. "Your old room is set up for you, ready to go." 

I hugged Eliza and then brought our bags upstairs. I was hoping this would help Alex. 

Ralph's POV

I had gotten dressed and pulled up at Caitlin's apartment. I was standing outside her door, about to knock when the door swung open.

"Oh. Hi." Caitlin said, surprised. I blushed nervously. 

"Hi. Um, ready for our date?" I asked. She nodded. 

"Yeah, I was about to go downstairs and wait for you there so you wouldn't have to come all the way up here." She smiled and then locked her door. We headed for the staircase.

"It's really not a problem. I don't mind climbing a bunch of stairs for you." I said and she blushed. 

"So, can I know where we are going?" Caitlin asked. 

"A restaurant. Then the bowling alley. Then maybe, if you want, for some ice cream. A small parlor just opened up around here and I hear they are really good." I told her. 

"Sounds great to me." She smiled. We got in the car and headed for the restaurant. We were seated about 15 minutes later and then we ordered. 

Barry's POV

Kara was in Midvale with Alex after having heard about the breakup, so Central City was mine to protect with Wally. We were all in the cortex, doing absolutely nothing, when the meta-human app went off. Cisco ran to the monitor. 

"Meta-human at CC Jitters." He announced. Wally and I sped into our suits and to Jitters. When we arrived, I immediately recognized the guy. He turned to me and smirked. 

"Well, hello Flash." He said. I sighed. Hunter Clarington. He was one of the people who bullied me in high school. He didn't know it was me, so I went with it. 

"Why are you hurting these people?" I asked, my voice vibrating. 

"I wanted to get you here." He said. He shot flames from his hands. I felt my arm get burned. That was going to leave a mark. 

"Why?" I asked. Wally was behind him, trying to get the civilians out the building. Before he could answer, the police burst through the doors and scared him off. He flew out, leaving a hole in the ceiling. I sighed. 

Wally and I ran back to STAR Labs to talk with the rest of the team about him.

Caitlin's POV

After dinner, Ralph took me to the bowling alley around the corner and had a great time. We decided to do more than one game because we were having such a good time. We stayed for about three hours and then we started to walk back to my apartment, stopping for ice cream on the way.