78. Reign

Barry's POV
End of July

To normal couples, making breakfast together early on the weekend while listening to music was normal. To them. To super-couples, making breakfast together early one morning on the weekend while using you powers to finish everything twice as fast, was normal. That's the morning Kara and I were having. With music playing in the background, we made breakfast together in our kitchen. We didn't get to do that often because of the constant need for Supergirl and Flash, but today was quiet, so far. 

It was a peaceful morning, both of us just happy to be in the others company. That was when the doorbell to the apartment when off. I paused the music and continued to work on the food, but at a normal pace, just in case. Kara slowly walked towards the door and peered through the peep hole to see who needed their attention at this time in the morning. She practically threw open the door and jumped into a hug with two people who I couldn't quite make out. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Kara asked, her voice full of excitement. She pulled back and I saw Lena and Sam standing there. Kara led them inside as she closed the door behind them. 

"We decided to come visit, it's only a few weeks before the wedding. We wanted to stop in and see how you guys were doing." Lena smiled as she placed her bag on the couch, Jett jumping up to greet the guest. 

"Well, we're making breakfast, I can throw on some more eggs for you guys if you're hungry." I offered but Lena shook her head. 

"Thank you, but we already ate before stopping here. It was an early morning for us, too." Sam smiled and I continued with the food. 

Kara's POV

The rest of the day was full of wedding details and gossip between Lena, Sam, and I. We went out for lunch later that day and then we went shopping for a few hours. We returned home around 6:45 to eat dinner with Barry and watch some movies to sum up the very simple and quiet day. Sam and Lena returned to their hotel room after our shopping spree. 

I got home to find Barry sitting on the couch going through some movies with the dogs surrounding him. 

"Okay, so we have lots to pick from, and I ordered in if you're hungry." He shouted over his shoulder and I laughed. 

"I'm always hungry." Before he had the opportunity to respond, the news on the TV was going insane. Reign was in Central City and she was causing chaos, waiting for me to show up. I sped into my suit and returned to the living room to find Barry in his Flash suit. 

"Barr, you don't need to come with me." I tried to protest but he came up and rest his hands on my shoulders. 

"The last time you went up against her alone, things didn't end well, Kara." He told me and I remembered what he was talking about. "I'm not letting you do this alone."

"She'll kill us both, Barr. We can't do this just the two of us." 

"We're not." He smirked and threw his cowl on, speeding out to the scene. I followed close behind him. I landed right beside Barry to see Clark, Oliver, Killer Frost, Vibe, and Ralph waiting with him. 

Reign landed in front of us before I had the chance to thank them for coming to help. She started a whole rant on how she was going to kill me and take over the world. Let's just skip to the part where we were fighting and everyone was helping me fight against her and it ended with her leaving us standing there. At the time, the fight seemed a little too easy to me. But for the moment, I would take it because I was getting married soon, and there was nothing that was going to stop that from happening. 

79. Rehearsal Dinner | August 6th 2018 | With the wedding a day away, everyone gathers together for the Zor-Allen rehearsal dinner.