05. The Sister and The Boyfriend

Central City - Kara's POV

I woke up the next morning and Alex was already awake. Hank wasn't there so he was probably working on something somewhere. She had made me breakfast and coffee and it was set up nicely at the counter. 

"What do you want?" I asked her as I sat down in front my plate, across from her.

"What? I can't make my sister a nice, healthy breakfast and some coffee?" 

"Not unless you want something." I crossed my arms across my chest waiting for an answer.

"Alright, fine." She gave in. "I want to meet your mystery boyfriend." I shifted in my chair.

"Alex, I don't even know if we're dating. And if we are we just starting dating. I don't want to scare him off." 

"Well, I won't scare him. Much. I promise. And for the you not knowing if your dating, maybe you should find out. I took your phone from your dresser this morning and texted him." I looked over to see my phone gone. I looked at her, but I wasn't surprised. "We are meeting him at Jitters for lunch today. He's so excited to meet me." She winked and stood up. 

"I should be surprised but this is totally like you." I started to eat my food. 

"You know me so well. Anyways, wear something nice but causal. Be ready by 11:45." And she headed for her suitcase, pulled out some clothes, and went to take a shower. 

CC Jitters - Alex's POV

Kara and I walked into Jitters 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet her boyfriend, Barry. I didn't know what he looked like so I couldn't tell if he was there, but when I saw Kara's face light up, I saw him. We walked over to him and he stood up and shook my hand. 

"Hi, you must be Alex. I'm Barry Allen. Kara's..." Barry started obviously not knowing what Kara wanted him to call himself. 

"Boyfriend." Kara finished for him, they both smiled. I could tell they really liked each other. 

"It's nice to meet you. But I want to give you a heads up before we start. I'm very overprotective of my little sister." I looked to Kara who sighed and roller her eyes. "But my intentions are supposedly good."

"I wouldn't expect anything less of you." I liked him already. Kara sat down next to him and I sat across from them. 

"What are your intentions with Kara? Is this a 'there might be a future' thing or 'I'm just looking for someone to take my mind off someone else'?" I didn't want Kara getting her hopes up with a really good guy, and he just break her heart. 

"I'm not like that. I don't think we've been dating long enough to talk about having a future, but I'm pretty sure, with time, she's the only one I'd want to spend my life with." Barry looked to Kara, even I smiled. 

"Alright, but just know that if you hurt her, I will find you, and kill you." I said sincerely then smiled. 

"Oh, wow. That's one of the most horrifying family threats I've ever gotten, and I believe you." 

"Ok, Alex. I think you've done what you came to. And Barry's done his time in overprotective sister threat land, so leave." Kara was practically pushing me to the door. I nodded and left for the hotel.

CC Jitters - Barry's POV

I watched Alex leave and Kara sat across from me, where Alex once was. 

"I'm sorry about her. She's very protective, a little too protective in my opinion." Kara apologized over and over.

"It's fine. Besides, I kind of like being threatened by your family. Means I'm worth being threatened." Kara laughed. I leaned over and kissed her. I leaned back in my chair and saw Kara smiling, which was one of the cutest things about her. 

"So what do you want to do?" She asked me, excitedly. 

"Now that your sister has threatened to end my life, anything you want." Kara smiled. 

"Anything?" 

"And Everything." I laughed.

"Ok. We are going to stay here and drink coffee until we have a sugar rush!" Kara pulled out her bag and took out a menu for Jitters. My eyes widened. 

"You keep a menu for this place in your bag? You haven't even been here a week." I laughed and Kara smiled. 

"I'm very serious when it comes to my coffee." Kara laughed her cute laugh, that sounded like a four-year-olds laugh.

"I can see that. So, I was wondering, since we are officially girlfriend and boyfriend, would you like to come to my family game night tomorrow night?" Kara's breath shortened and I could tell she was nervous. "They won't threaten to kill you, I promise." I laughed. 

"You sure they'd want me there?" Kara said, still a little nervous. I got up and walked over to her and kissed her. 

"It doesn't matter to me if they want you there, I do." I looked at her.

"Fine, I'll come." I smiled and Kara laughed. We continued our lunch date until we had to go our separate ways two hours later.