40. Cause and Effect

Third Person POV

The team had figured out that since Savitar was Barry, that's how he knew everything Team Flash was doing before it even happened, his memories. The team wanted to try something on Barry to see if they could make it to where what Barry knew Savitar didn't. 

"Ready to go, Barry?" Cisco asked him. Barry looked to Kara who was in her Supergirl suit and just nodded at him. He turned back to Cisco. 

"Let's do it." Barry said. Cisco pushed a button, pulled a lever, and some other stuff which caused the machine to start up. Barry was having flashbacks of his life. 

"Goodnight, Slugger." His dad's voice said. 

"You were struck by lightning, dude." Cisco's voice echoed. 

"I'm Kara Danvers." Kara's voice said, an image of her handing Barry her phone number in the bar popped up in his head. 

"I don't hate you because I love you, Barry." 

"I don't understand. What is this place?" Kara's voice echoed in his mind. 

"Home." His own voice answered, echoing. 

"That should do it." Cisco said, turning off the machine. Barry's eyes fluttered open, looking at his surroundings. 

"How do you feel?" Cisco asked him. Barry shrugged. 

"I feel fine." He answered, although he looked unsure.

"Barry?" Kara said, stepping toward him, noticing something different. 

"Who's Barry?" Barry asked, getting out the chair and walking away from the random group in front him. 

"Ramon, what have you done?" Harry asked. Cisco stuttered and shrugged. 

"Who are all of you? Where am I? What's going on?" Barry said, a little nervous. Kara stepped forward and held up her hands, meaning she meant no harm. 

"We're your friends. One of your friends erased your memory." Kara said, shooting daggers at Cisco. 

"This was an accident." Cisco protested. 

"Like everything else you mess up." Harry mumbled. 

Kara continued to walk toward Barry, who seemed to trust her. 

"What's your name?" Barry asked her. 

"Kara." Kara answered, lowering her hands. 

"Do I know you?" Barry asked. Kara nodded. "How?"

"It's complicated." Kara smiled. 

"I can tell, something inside me is just telling me I can trust you." Barry told her. She giggled. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, go ahead." Kara said. 

"What's my name?" Barry asked. 

"Barry. Barry Allen." Kara told him. He nodded. "Look." 

She took out her phone and pulled up a picture of them at a park from a year ago. "That's you." 

He looked at the picture and smiled. Then he looked back up at her and noticed her necklace. 

"That's a pretty necklace. Who's it from?" Barry asked. 

"My mother." Kara told him. 

"Where is she?" He asked. 

"She died, when I was young. You know this Barry. Think about it." Kara encouraged him. 

"I remember meeting you...in a bar." Barry told her, thinking hard. Kara nodded. "And that we live together." 

"Good, yeah." Kara smiled. 

"But I don't remember anything else." Barry sighed. 

"Guys, try and fix this." Kara told the group behind her. They nodded. 

"I hate to intrude, but is there somewhere I can go to eat?" Barry asked. Kara nodded. She changed then walked him to CC Jitters. 

The two sat across from each other, Kara telling stories from when he was in high school that she had been told. He laughed and smiled and Kara sighed. 

"What?" Barry asked, noticing the look Kara was giving him. 

"You're just so...different." Kara smiled. "Like you aren't carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders." 

"I was doing that before?" Barry asked. Kara nodded. "Why?" 

"I don't really know, you just were, and it kind of affected your relationships." Kara said. 

"What do you mean?" Barry asked. 

"You were so distracted with a problem we are currently facing, so you distanced yourself and focused more on the task than anything else." Kara explained. 

"I haven't been focused on you?" Barry asked, confused. 

"No, you have. Honestly, way more than you should." Kara chuckled. Suddenly, Kara's phone went off. "Cisco wants us back at STAR Labs."

"Ok." Barry nodded, getting up. They got back to STAR Labs and got Barry's memories back. Kara and Barry walked into their apartment. 

"You know, I remember everything. From when I didn't remember." Barry chuckled lightly. Kara nodded. "You said that I was different, that the weight of the world wasn't on my shoulders." 

"Yeah, well." Kara looked down. "It seems like it has been lately. You've been so focused on the future that your personality changed, Barry. It was just nice to see you happy again." 

"I am happy." Barry said, placing his hands on her arms. "I'm with you. Why wouldn't I be happy?" 

"I love you." Kara told him. "And a week from now..." 

"You'll be here, with me, and we'll be together." Barry interrupted her, and for once, Kara was glad he did. She didn't want to lose him, she wanted to grow old with him. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. Marry him. Have kids with him. She wanted it all. But the question was...

Would she get to?

A/N:

Guess who loved this chapter? Me! I thought about how Barry was so focused on saving Kara that his personality altered, just like in the show. I think that was one of my favorite moments from the Flash in that season/episode. Seeing him go from someone who was so dark and upset to someone who couldn't be happier to be alive. I wanted to put that in there and give Kara and Barry something to do with it. 

We have next chapter and then the chapter following, and then we are finished with the Savitar portion of the story! Yay! I loved writing these chapters but I'm so excited for what's coming! 

Weekly photo edit!

If you didn't know that quote is from a song, and I kind of want to make a video of these four to it

If you didn't know that quote is from a song, and I kind of want to make a video of these four to it. And a note:

Next Wednesday, I am leaving to go to Disney World, but there will be an upload on Tuesday! And the Tuesday after that, there will be one too so no uploads will be missed! I hope you liked the chapter, the next one is fairly short (A/N: I've already written it ;) )

-SuperflashFandom