69. Missing

Kara's POV
Beginning of April

One week. 7 whole days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. 604,800 seconds. That's how long he'd been missing. No one could figure out where he went, or if he was even alive. I hadn't thought about it much, or at least I haven't tried. But every time I'm not doing something, even if it's for a milisecond, he comes to mind. I haven't been counting, my clock just seems to move so slow that I can feel every second that passes. 

I've managed to keep myself buried in work. Super or just everyday. I've tried to avoided going home, or to STAR Labs, or Jitters. I've avoided every place we've every gone together, but it's difficult. 

Iris, Caitlin, Joe, Cisco, Ralph, and Eddie. They've all tried to reach out, make it better. They can't make it better. And they know that. But they still try. Probably more for them than me. We're all coping, grieving. 

So here I was, sitting at my desk. Going over the case I've been assigned to for the day for the seventeenth time. I didn't speed through it, I read it regularly. Winn, James, and Lena have all called and asked about me. I guess Caitlin and Cisco called them. 

I was so focused on my computer that I hadn't noticed the shadow that overcast me. That was until a bag hit the desk right in front of my face. I looked up to be faced with my sister. I sighed and closed the laptop as she sat across from me. I knew I couldn't get out of this conversation, no matter how hard I tried. 

"Kara, why didn't you call me?" was the first thing she asked me. I shrugged. 

"There isn't much to talk about, Alex." I said, trying to end this conversation just as fast as it had begun. 

"Not much to talk about? Kara, there are tons of things to talk about. Like where he could be. Or what could have happened. What could have gone wrong." Alex began to ramble millions of questions that had already been in my mind since the second he disappeared. "You can't tell me that you aren't worried about him."

"I am, Alex!" I snapped. "I am beyond terrified for him. I hope more than anything that he will show up tomorrow with some great excuse as to where he went and why it took him so long to come back. He's my fiance, of course I'm worried about him." 

She sat in silence and then I realized my cheeks were stained with the tears that were falling from my eyes. She got up slowly and came around the desk, wrapping her arms around me. I leaned into her, and I closed my eyes. No one else in the office even noticed what was going on with us. 

We went to Jitters and we talked for hours. Alex constantly keeping my mind of all my problems at the moment. After Jitters, I convinced Alex to take me went to STAR Labs. We walked in together and I saw Joe, Iris, Eddie, Caitlin, Ralph, Cisco, and Harry spread out everywhere in the cortex. I cleared my throat and everyone turned to face me. 

"I'm sorry for not being here lately. I apologize for abandoning you guys." I started off. "But I'm back. And while I'm out there, trying not to get killed by Reign or any other non-threatening criminal, you will be here, hopefully."

I saw the look of confusion go across everyone's face. 

"I'm asking for your help to continue looking for Barry. We look high and low, across every Earth in the multiverse. We don't give up until we find him. I'm asking for your help to bring home my fiance. Our friend. Please." I pleaded to everyone. 

Caitlin and Cisco immediately agreed to helping, along with Ralph. Iris and Eddie agreed to help as much as they could. Joe said he would come when he wasn't working. Harry was the only one who took a while to agree. 

We started searching for him immediately. I looked to Alex who nodded and joined the group, helping wherever she could. I looked down to my left hand and played with my ring. 

One week, 7 days, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes, and 604,800 seconds since he disappeared into thin air, leaving no trace as to where he had gone. It had been a week, and I was still hopeful that he was coming back. 

A/N:

I know this wasn't much, but it was everything I needed to put in this chapter. Basically, the next few chapters won't be too long and they will probably only deal with Kara's POV. Maybe Caitlin or Cisco too, every now and then. I hope you liked this chapter. 

There is no Weekly Photo Edit. I am sorry about that. I only have a few more photo edits done for this story. I may or may not be doing photo edits every chapter from now on. It's a lot on me to write a chapter and edit a photo of Kara and Barry. Sometimes I may do photo edits of Bellamy and Clarke, or Betty and Jughead. I may do photo edits of some of my favorite ships. But I cannot guarantee that they will be up every chapter. 

I hope you liked the chapter and I hope you understand when it comes to the Photo Edits. Thanks for reading. 

70. "He's Dead" | Middle of April | Harry convinces the team that Barry is dead. When Kara tries to protest to giving up, he tells her that her fiancé is gone, and there was no getting him back. Alex gets a text message from a friend.