56. Krypton, Kryptonian, Kryptonite

Beginning of November
Kara's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. I got up and went into the kitchen to see Barry just finished breakfast. He looked up and saw me. 

"No, no, no, no. Go back in the room and go to sleep. This was supposed to be breakfast in bed." He complained while being adorable. I laughed and sat at the bar. 

"I'm sorry I ruined your surprise." I said and then kissed him. We sat together and started to eat. I showed him the website that I found for tracking what to do for the wedding and how many months to get them done before the wedding. That's when my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the Caller ID. 

"Kara, it's Alex." She said. "I need you to come to National City. There's a new threat and I need you to stop it." 

"Yeah, I'll be there soon." I hung up and could see the look of confusion on Barry's face. "Alex needs me in National to deal with some new threat. I'll be back. Probably nothing major." 

I kissed him then sped into my suit and headed for National, not knowing what I was about to get myself into.

Barry's POV

After Kara left for National City, I decided to go to STAR Labs. I walked into the cortex and I heard Caitlin and Ralph talking in the med bay. I listened in. 

"You need a job." Caitlin said. 

"I din't want any job besides the one I had before and I can't have that job, so." Ralph responded. 

"Well, you have to pay bills. You can't go homeless, Ralph." Caitlin said. The rest of the conversation faded out as I walked out the cortex. I ran to Joe's house and saw Joe sitting in the living room. I walked into the house and sat down. 

"What do you want?" He asked, without looking up from what he was doing. 

"I need your help with something." I told him. He stopped what he was doing and leaned forward to listen. "I want your help to convince Captain Singh to give Ralph his job back."

"He broke the law, Barry." He said after a small pause. "There's no way Singh will even consider having the conversation."

"Exactly, but if he hears you say you would want him back because he's changed, he may consider it." I told him. "We both know Captain doesn't hear a thing I say." 

Joe hesitated. "Don't you have a wedding to plan?" 

"Kara's in National. Alex called her out there. So I'm free for the day." I explained. "Please." 

"Fine." He agreed reluctantly. "I'll do it." 

"Great, let's go." I stood up. 

"After lunch." Joe continued his sentence from before. "Your paying." 

I nodded and we set out for lunch then CCPD. 

Alex's POV

Kara flew into the DEO like she used to. She walked up and we started talking about the new alien that had shown up in National City. They were called Worldkillers and this one called herself Reign. 

We were talking when another gust of wind hit us. Kara turned to see her cousin coming toward us. 

"Clark!" She exclaimed as they hugged. "What are you doing here?" 

"Alex called me and said there was an alien she needed my help with. I'm assuming she called you here for the same reason?" I nodded, answering Clark's question. 

"So how bad is this girl?" Kara asked me, getting back to the topic at hand. 

"Pretty bad. She kills and then leaves her symbol wherever she wants. Cat's already written four articles on her." I explained, pulling up pictures. 

"Ok, so when do we go after her?" Clark asked. 

"The next time she's out. We've tried to track her after she leaves the scenes, but we lose her. Then we can't find her again until she's struck." I answered. 

"So you basically just called us here to tell us about her and that you'll call us to come next time she strikes?" Kara asked. 

"Yeah, basically." I told them. "I created folders on her for both of you to look through. See if you recognize her behind her mask or something. Any information you need is in there." I handed the folders to them. 

"Ok, thanks. I'll look through it tonight." Kara told me, then Clark said the same and they took off. 

Barry's POV

Joe, Ralph, and I were at CCPD waiting in Captain Singh's office for him to show up. Singh walked into his office and saw us. 

"What do you want and why is he here?" Singh asked, pointing to Ralph. 

"We think Ralph should get his job back." I said. Singh looked at me like I was insane. 

"He broke the law, Allen." 

"And he's payed his price. He's a different person now." I tried to convince him. 

"I hardly believe that." Singh mumbled. 

"He has. He helps out at STAR Labs with us sometimes. He really does want his job." I told him. I looked to Joe who sighed. 

"Captain, Ralph learned from his mistakes and he's become a better person because of it. You can not give him his job, that's fine. But he really wants it and he's earned to at least be considered." Joe tried to convince him now. 

Singh sighed and then handed Ralph a folder of paperwork. 

"One small screw up, and your done. Fill these out by tomorrow." Singh ordered and then kicked us out. Ralph thanked us and then left. I headed back to the apartment to see Kara sitting on the couch in shorts and my t-shirt. I sat next to her. 

"How was your day?" I asked her.

"I went to National, learned about this alien named Reign, then came back. Basically all I did today. You?" She asked. 

"I got Ralph his job back at CCPD." She looked at me. 

"Are you kidding?" 

"Nope. Joe and I convinced Singh." I told her leaning in to kiss her. She kissed back. She fell back on the couch, me hovering over her. My hands pulled her shirt over her head and then threw it across the room. She did the same with mine. 

And that's what happened. 

A/N:

Thanks for reading! I tried my best with this chapter. It might not have been what I wanted it to be but oh well. Ralph is back at CCPD! I know this could probably never happen, but I really wanted him to go back to CCPD with Barry and Joe because that would be very interesting to me. 

Weekly Photo Edit:

57. The Break Up | End of November | It's Ralph's first day back at CCPD, but when things get a little difficult, he runs to a certain Scarlet Speedster for advice. Alex and Maggie make a decision that will change both of their lives.