Chapter 3: Alone

Jaebum POV:

The thought of me being stuck behind these bars for years scares me just like how it would scare any normal 14 year old. I have heard a lot of rumours about prisons most of them from my mum since she has a lot of experience. My dad was always in and out sometimes over little things like theft and sometimes for big things like attempted murder, right now I think he is still in prison I dont really know he doesnt stay in touch with me.

I can't believe that Jonathan is smoking especially since he is the son of a very religious man. His dad always told us to stay away from the demons in the streets aka Mark but now he is one of them. I can't get into trouble because of him, its not fair.

"Mark Tuna! Mark Tuna!" One of the officers shout and the dark haired boy gets up from his seat in the cell and rolls his eyes at the officer.

"For fucks sake John its Tuan not Tuna. It's T U AN not T U N A" Mark corrects the officer who just scoffs and opens the cell allowing Mark to leave.

"I would say I hope this is the last time I'll see you but we both know that aint possible" the officer sighs making Mark give him a pat on the back.

"So who bailed me out this time?" Mark asks the officer.

"Erm Jinyoung" he answers as he looks through the notepad in his hands.

"Excuse me but has anyone come to bail me out?" I ask the officer whilst clenching onto the prison bars. He looks down on his notepad and begins yo shake his head.

"Did you call your mum-"

"There's no point she wouldn't bail my dad out so she won't bail me out either" I cut him off. I can see him begin to bite the inside of his cheek as he continues to look through his notepad.

"You see the person's number that you gave us to call denied knowing you. Are you sure there isn't anybody else to call?" He asks me and I nod my head making him sigh. I'm pretty sure that I gave him Mrs Moore's number correctly but why would she deny knowing me? She told me that I was always welcomed.

"I'll take him" Mark speaks up catching us both off guard. We look at the dark haired skinny boy in awe as he causally chews his gum.

"Erm if you want to, technically I can't stop you" the officer shrugs. Mark takes a pen from the officer's front pocket and signs a sheet of paper on the notepad before taking the keys to the cell from the front desk and letting me out of the cell.

"Come on pretty boy" he says as he begins to walk towards the reception where we collect our items. I'm a bit confused, I have always hated Mark and wanted nothing to do with him so why is he being so nice to me? We walk out of the station and outside there is a group of teenage boys in school uniforms and with bikes.

"Yo Mark! What the fuck bro you gettin jacked up by the Feds every week man" a muscular mixed race boy approaches Mark and gives him a hug whilst I stand in the background and observe.

"I'm sick and tired of bailing your ass out all the time, my parents are gonna start asking me what I'm spending my money on" another boy says but this boy unlike the rest of them seems to have class, his hair is slicked back, his shirt is tucked in, his shoes are polished and he's even standing with one hand in his pocket. I'm guessing this is Jinyoung the one who bailed us out.

"Who's the pussy boy behind you?" A black boy with dreads asks as he sucks onto his lollipop pointing over at me. Mark turns around and grabs me by the shoulder before pulling me into the group of boys.

"This my friends is JB I bailed him out" he says and pats my back making me clear my throat.

"What the fuck do you mean by 'you bailed him out', its my fucking money you noob!" Jinyoung shouts at Mark who seems unfazed by him. I feel very uncomfortable around these boys, they seem to swear a lot and shout which is something we don't do in Jonathan's house.