Chapter 42: Running

JB POV:

I've just got her back I cannot afford to lose her again and this time forever. She can't go to prison she just can't, it's too dangerous and she's so young she is her whole life ahead of her. She was supposed to go to school, graduate, get married, have a great job, have kids. That was supposed to be her life not this and it's all because of me. All because I just had to be selfish and ruin her life. I should've stayed away, I should've let her go then none of this would've been happening. And now she's on the run something which none of us have been through because we were always careful so I can't even give her any advice. I'm usually quick at thinking on my feet, I always find a way out of trouble but this time my mind is blank there is no other option for her, she's either running for the rest of her life or in prison for the rest of her life. Both ways is a lose. The worst part is that there is nothing that I can physically do but to just watch her and have her face engraved in my memory.

"JB! JB! Man snap out of it, what's the plan man?" Mark exclaims as he snaps his fingers in front of my face bringing me back to reality. I look around and I realise that this is all real, that she's actually in danger and I have to come up with a plan. Nothing, nothing is coming to mind.

"The plan?" I repeat trying my best to think of something right here right now. Normally, I'm the best when it comes to last minute plans but all that's playing on my mind is that she's in danger and I'm never going to see her again. This is all my fault, it's all my fault that's all I can think about. Damn it. "The plan I er I um-"

"Hurry up JB you've only got 3 minutes to make a decision" Jinyoung exclaims catching all of us off guard. I'm startled seeing the stress and worry on Jinyoungs face, especially for someone who he doesn't care about. But that's not what I should be worrying about. I need a plan, think think JB think.
"Should she run or stay?" He asks and I pause thinking of the pros and cons.

"She has to run JB there's no way she'll survive in prison" Bambam speaks up making Sehun laugh. I give him the dirtiest look but he just shrugs his shoulders with a smug look on his face. Bam is right she won't survive in prison especially for life. She's too small and yeah she can fight but she'll be made everybody's bitch.

"But at least in prison we'll know where she is" Mark comments leaving me confused. He's right as well, if shes in prison we'll know where she is, we'll be able to see her but it'll raise too much suspicion if we see her too many time's. But at least I'm prison she won't be worrying about running.

"Yes but it's safer for her out here than in there" Yugyeom argues back defending Bams proposal making mark pace back and forth. I look over at Maze and she's trying her best to hold back the tears and I can't even be able to comfort her. She's looking up at me with hope in her eyes, hoping that I can save her but can I?

"You don't know that!" Mark shouts getting heated making me jump. His eyes are red his hair is a mess and I've never seen him this angry in his entire life. Not even when he found his dead girlfriend.

"And you don't know that!" Bambam retaliates also getting heated and then they all turn and face me and all I can see is the clock on the wall ticking down. The police will be here soon, I can waste time and just stare at Maze for one last time or could plan her escape. Which one JB which one?

"Guys guys! Enough, I've got 2 minutes left to run so can I just hug you goodbye" Maze finally speaks up and pushes the boys aside. I look at her disappointed and hurt, she wants to run and I won't be able to hold her but at the end of the day this is her life even though I ruined it she must be able to make her own choices. So I have to help her even though I don't want to see her go. Come on JB this is your time to shine.

"There's no time" I finally speak up and everyone looks at me waiting to hear my plan. I avoid eye contact with Maze because I can just imagine the pain in her eyes from me rejecting her hug. "Here take these guns, Bambam give her your jacket, Jinyoung she needs money so give her your card that way we can track her as well" I command and everyone does as I say. I look at her and she doesn't have any proper clothes but we have no time.