Chapter 39: Boss

Maze POV:

I stare in his eyes surprised that it's really him, it's really him my brother standing before me. He was the last person I expected to see and for some reason I begin to feel emotional, I feel like hugging him and crying in his arms. I miss him, I miss the old me, the young me, the one who was innocent and naive and thought only of the best of people. But she's gone and she isn't coming back. He looks like he's changed, he's got a golden Rolex on and has at least four chains on his neck and is showing off his Gucci belt. I damn well know he didn't buy those from being a P.E teacher. He looks at me with a disgusted look in his eyes and none of us say anything, we just stare at each other.

"Can someone explain what is going on?" The huge Asian man asks looking at both of us as he stuffs his face with cheese balls. I look down at my feet and begin to rock back and forth trying to come up with a quick plan B. Jonathan being here and blowing my cover changes everything, it puts me in danger like serious danger. I should've killed him when I had the chance.

"This girl is my little sister called Maze" he announces as he looks me up and down with a look of disgust on his face as he kisses his teeth making me sigh. If I wasn't undercover right now I would've beat the shit out of him just for giving me a dirty look.

"But I thought you're name was Rosa" the white man says pointing over at me with a confused look on his face making me sigh.

"She lied" Jonathan blurts out making me look down too embarrassed to look at the men who have disappointed looks on their faces. They are all so emotional for gang members like I could take all of them but then I won't be able to kill the boss.

"Why? I really wanted to keep you" the young Asian man pouts making me feel slightly guilty for lying to him because he's just so darn cute. I think I'm going to have a hard time when I kill him. Actually maybe I'll spare his life, just him because of the cuteness overload.

"I was afraid you'd turn me into the police because I'm a missing person" I lie with tears in my eyes and my eyebrows furrowed. Jonathan glares at me as of checking if I'm telling the through or not. When I was young he used to be able to tell when I was lying but hopefully I've become a better liar now.

"We ain't no snitches dear" the white man says as he places his hand on my shoulder making me give him a faint smile. These guys are nothing like I thought they'd be. I thought they'd be tougher, ruder, stronger and ruthless but they are just lost puppies.

"Don't touch my sister" Jonathan demands as he pushes the white guys hand off my shoulder catching him off guard. He scoffs at him before folding his arms across his chest in response.
"Mum and dad have been looking for you" he tells me making me mentally roll my eyes knowing that that is the biggest lie he has ever told but I play it off by sniffing acting like I'm about to cry.

"I got kidnapped and only managed to escape and I ended up living on the streets because I didn't know my way home. That's where I meet your friend he was being chased by some guys so I was trying to hide him but they caught him then they tried to kill me too I'm so scared I dunno-"

"Hush hush little leprechaun we won't harm you" the young Asian man says to me as he pulls me into a hug and strokes my hair making Jonathan pull him away from me and stands in between us. What? Is he going to go home and report me to mum?

"But we can't keep her either" Jonathan announces making the young Asian guy frown with his eyebrows furrowed. I begin to softly cry as I hug my chest and look at the ground making someone begin to rub my back.

"Come on man she's your sister and homeless" the white guy says trying to persuade Jonathan but there's this look in Jonathan eye that says he doesn't trust me or believe my story. I can't have him having doubts it'll ruin my plan and I can't just kill him now it'll raise too much suspicion.