Chapter 7: Blast from the past

Maze POV:

There's something about Channing that intrigues me, maybe it's his confidence or his attitude towards people or maybe because I want to discover his relationship with Mr Kim. Yeah it's probably the last option. But I have a feeling, a weird suspicion that Channing is going to be important to me in the future. Its weird yes but I still feel it. There is something odd about him, the way he acts but maybe I might be overreacting maybe he is just a normal good looking teenager with an odd name.

"You killed my brother"

or maybe I was wrong.

Channing stares at Jason with his eyes wide open shocked at his accusation. Me and Dre stare at Jason as if he has lost his mind, how can he openly accuse someone like that? We understand he lost his brother last year and his death was a mystery but this is not the way to get closure. I look over at Channing to see his reaction and he looks absolutly clueless making me feel bad for him.

"Erm I'm sorry for your loss but I don't appreciate you accusing me like that" Channing defends himself in a calm manner. i'm quite impressed with his reaction, most boys would start shouting and try to start a fight.

"Don't act innocent, I saw you with my own two eyes shoot my brother in the head and after you shot him you cleaned your gun and placed it in his right hand to make it look like suicide" Jason retaliates whislt clenching his jaw and trying his best not hit Channing in the face.

"Listen-"

"No you listen, you made one mistake... my brother was left handed. I will prove that you killed my brother and that I am not crazy!" he shouts catching all of us off guard before marching away from us. We all look at each other in shock, what the hell was that?

"Don't worry about him Channing, he's still hurting" I try to reassure him but he just looks so worried and slightly scared. Why is he so worried though?

"Hey so since we gonna be writing a newspaper together every week we need a office right?" Dre speaks up trying to change the subject, I give him a faint smile showing him I appreciate him trying to make Channing feel more comfortable.

"Erm I'm pretty sure we can do it in Mr. Kim's class room everyday after school meaning more hours with Mr. Kim" I smile and start getting all giggly like a little school girl making the boys roll their eyes at me.

"Why do you like him anyways?" Channing asks me and I just shrug my shoulders because I don't actually know why I'm so attracted to him. I used to think it was his dimples but I think it's something more than that.

"He's just such a dork but a hot dork" I beam thinking about how unorganized, clumsy and childish yet intelligent and sexy he is. It's just a high school teachers crush I'll surely get over it. Hopefully.

"Joon a dork funny" I hear Channing murmur making me think he knows Mr. Kim from outside of school as well. I heard him call him Joon before but I just ignored it, I want to ask him about it when he feels comfortable around me.

After school:

I leave the school building at 3pm not really in the mood to be emotionally blackmailed by Dre to make me come to his house. As I walk towards the gate I see Channing outside looking as if he is waiting for someone.

"Hey Maze! You're using the train right?" Channing jogs towards me and puts his arm around my shoulder. By now I should be used to the fact that he doesnt know what boundaries are.

"Yeah, why you wanna join me?" I ask him as I casually remove his arm from my shoulder just in case people get the wrong idea and snake me to my dickhead of a brother.