Chapter 31: Me, Myself and I

Maze POV:

I've learnt that I can only count on myself. It's just me, myself and I no one else is here to protect me and no else really cares. JB cared, I know he did despite his way of doing things he was there for me and like a fool I pushed him away, I pushed them all away. That was only because I thought they were bad for me, I thought they abandoned me when in reality I now know that they were only trying to protect me. I was so naive looking back at myself and I hate that, the fact that all of this could've been avoided if I just knew how to protect myself and stopped acting like the world was all rainbows and ponies. Don't get me wrong I still love rainbows and ponies.

Despite what ahjumma said I'm going to get myself out of here and I have a plan. Is it risky? Yes, could I die? Most definitely, am I still gonna do it? You bet and they'll never see it coming.

"Where are you going?" I hear a familiar voice making me jump. I turn around and make eye contact with GD's right hand man Gary causing me to sigh, of course he would be guarding GD's office like a hawk. Those two are inseparable, I don't know how I'm going to do this.

"I'm looking for GD" I answer him with a smile on my face rocking back and forth trying to look innocent but he still gives me a suspicious look. I know Gary doesn't trust me completely, he's the only one that refuses to believe my good girl act.

"Why?" He questions as he folds his arms over his chest and looks down at me with narrowed eyes.

"That's my business" I respond before folding my arms and looking up at him with narrowed eyes and now we are just having a staring contest.

"Well his business is my business" he snares as he kisses his teeth glaring down at me. I don't say anything to him instead I continue to give him the evils and think to myself how am I going to get rid of him. He'd never let me escape, his eyes are always on my back.

"Gary, leave it I'll talk to her" GD opens his office door and says making me turn to face Gary one more time and sticking my tongue out at him before following GD into his office. His office is massive with a gold table at the end and by his table are two big boxes filled with big black bags. "What is the issue?" He asks me snapping me out of my thoughts as he makes his way to his seat.

"I want to go home" I clearly state making him scoff at me. Well my plan A is to just politely ask and hope for the best.

"Funny, you've got jokes kid" he laughs making me sigh, well then I guess it's plan B then. I watch him manage the money in front of him before tying them up and placing them into a black bag. So you're telling me all these black bags have money in them.

"I'm not doing anything here, why won't you let me go?" I ask him as I wonder around his office trying to see what else is in the room, maybe a secret passage that I can sneak out in.

"Because Maze, just because ok you stay here with me" he answers as he stummers making me sigh. That was a very vague and annoying answer but who cares because I'm not going to be here any longer.

"You have Shanell, you don't need me" I tell him as I cleverly press record on my phone recorder with a cheeky grin on my face. He was so stupid buying me a new phone but he wasn't stupid enough to buy me minutes so I can't call nor text anyone.

"It's not the same, just go to your room and decorate it because you're gonna be here for a while" he instructs. I roll my eyes at him before and sigh as I watch him deal with his money, all that money but he still wants to treat me like some hostage. I'll show him.

"How about Shanell?" I ask him trying to spice up things a bit.

"What about her?" He casually shrugs his shoulders making me smile to myself.