Chapter 19: Duo

JB POV:

I feel bad for what I said to Maze, I really do but I was just so disappointed and angry at her for choosing him over us. We gave her a home and took care of her and we are the ones protecting her but she still sides with the enemy. I know its not her fault, she doesn’t know that we are protecting her she just thinks that we have abandoned her and Mark was right we should have just told her the truth so all of this could’ve been prevented and Hoseok would be dead. But why is Hoseok working with GD for? He hates him and he already has money so why does he need 10 million more? Unless he’s not working for GD and is just doing this to torment me.

“What's his game plan?” Yugyeom asks breaking the silence. We've all been sitting down in the living room thinking in silence because nobody knew what to say.

“That's what I've been trying to figure out” I sit up and sigh feeling as useless as ever. Never have we had so many enemies come after us at once and if they did then we always had a game plan and that was to kill recklessly leave no bodies behind but with Maze in the picture that game plan is not useful.

“How could Maze threaten us like that?” Bambam asks getting all emotional and beginning to fake cry making me roll my eyes at his over dramatic ass. Even in times of trouble Bambam still manages to make the situation about himself.

“I mean what do you expect? We did kick her out of our house without an explanation” Chase shrugs his shoulders and scoffs as he rubs the back of his neck.

“I thought she was holy and all about forgiveness and shit” Bambam retaliates making Chase roll his eyes at him. Bambam is right though, Maze is all about seeing the best in people and forgiving them no matter how big their crimes are so why isn't she forgiving us like she used to?

“Yeah but she spent too much time with us and now she dirty” Yugyeom sighs and looks down at his feet. Bringing her here in our home and introducing her to this life was a bad idea, she’s losing her purity, her good side all because of us. Because of us she feels betrayed, hurt, angry and unloved, it was better off when she didn’t even know that we existed and we just protected her from behind the scenes.

“she’s tainted” I mumble.

“That's not important right now, what's important is that he has Maze wrapped around his finger and there is nothing we can do about it” Mark speaks up with a hint of venom traced in his voice. He's right, Hoseok has charmed his way into her heart because its what he is good at we clearly cannot compete only Joon can.

“I mean we could kill him” Joon suggests as he shrugs his shoulders.

“Yeah then Maze would hate us more, how can we protect someone who hates us?” Yugyeom questions frustrated at the whole situation. He is right, we can’t protect her if she thinks we are the enemy and if we don’t protect her then we gonna die, the moment GD has her in his possession he’s gonna kill us all one by one.

“So what she’ll cry and then what?” Trent kicks his feet up then shrugs his shoulders making me roll my eyes at him.

“She’ll report us to the police and we’ll be fuck toys in prison for the rest of our lives” Bambam exclaims with a hint of fear laced in his voice. We have worked too hard to end up in prison, we’ve killed too many people, we’ll be jailed for life.

“He mentioned Jimin, what if Jimin is on it too?” Mark asks after being in deep thoughts for a long time. I look at him only remembering now that Hoseok mentioned Jimin, Hoseok on his own I can manage but Hoseok and Jimin or even Jimin on his own is something that I can never face especially if Maze is in the picture. If you thought Hoseok was a sneaky snake then you’re not ready for the tricks Jimin has up his sleeve. Not even Joon could compete.

“Nah Hoseok and Jimin would never work together, Jimin is too needy and Hoseok doesn’t have the patience” Joon reassures us but I still feel slightly on edge. Its not that I am scared of Jimin no I can easily kill the bastard, I scared of what he would do to Maze. Jimin is well known for his sexual needs and temper, he’s involved in the sex trade, kidnaps innocent girls makes them fall in love with him then sells them off when they become too loose. He believes in torturing his victims before slowly killing them unlike Hoseok who likes a quick dead body.

“Are you sure?” I ask Joon just to be on the safe side, I know when it comes to stuff like this Joon knows it all and he would never betray us because we have been brothers for years.

“Yeah I'm 99.9% sure anyways Jimin raped Hoseok’s sister before selling her to a bunch of Albanians, Hoseok never forgave him for that” he tells us making us all shake our heads at the same time. All I can imagine is him doing the same to Maze, I pray that he is not involved because God knows what I'd do.

“If you say so” Mark sighs as he rubs his head.

“Trust me if anything they want each other dead”

Maze POV:

For the past week I've been visiting Hoseok in hospital every day after school but I could only stay for a few hours before my parents sent a search party for me. I lied to my mum saying I was studying in the library for a big exam that is coming up when in reality I don't have any exams just a really hurt friend. He didn't die yes but he was still badly injured, his nose is broken, he can't see clearly in his left eye and his jaw is badly bruised, he broke 2 ribs but despite all that he still manages to smile every time I go and see him. I haven't asked him about what happened on the day he got kidnapped, I haven't even asked him why he got kidnapped, I just think that its not the right time right now for me to be asking him especially since he is still recovering from the traumatic event. I still can’t help but to be curious to why the guys wanted to kill him, what relationship does Hoseok have with JB? I would never guess that those two would even have a relationship they are just too different. Like Hoseok is positive and happy about life and everything whilst JB is cold and a killer, why would they ever cross paths?

Every time I see Hoseok’s face I am reminded that I betrayed JB, I know I shouldn’t feel bad because I saved my friend’s life but please tell me why I feel like my heart is about to explode from all this pain? I did a good thing therefore I am supposed to feel good right? I asked him if he would ever forgive me I don’t even know why I asked because I didn't even do anything wrong but he said he couldn’t even look at me and that hurt. That hurt more then it should’ve because who is he to me? Why do I feel the need to be part of his life? I wish he never kidnapped me maybe that way I would’ve never gotten so attached, is it my fault that I fell in love with the strong family bond that they had? I want to be part of their family despite the things they do I feel like I can change them but they still tried to kill my friend for what reason? So, I can be alone again?
Did they really ever care for me the way I cared and still care for them?

“Oh hey Maze sorry I'm late I had a physio session” Hoseok limps into his hospital room and puts down his crutch before hopping onto his hospital bed with a big smile on his face. I don’t understand how he can be so happy in this state but that’s what I love about him, he’s so positive about life.

“No its ok I wasn't waiting long and anyways I was just getting lost in my thoughts” I smile at him not wanting him to worry about me waiting too long for him. I just want him to recover and get back to dancing so he can teach me like he said he would.

“What kind of thoughts?” he asks me as he leans in closer to me with a curious look on his face. I clear my throat then lean back a bit before crossing my arms over my chest and looking like I am in deep thoughts when in reality I am trying to come up with a lie.

“You know school and stuff” I giggle trying not to make it into a big deal. He sighs then begins to shake his head as if I have been caught in my lie.

“Oh really? So, no thoughts about me and JB’s crew?” he questions me as he looks into my eyes but I quickly look down at my fingers not wanting to look like that’s all that I have been thinking about even though it is. I don’t want him thinking I only visit so I can get answers.

“Well since you brought it up-”

“I know you’ve been wanting to ask me for time now but you you’ve been afraid to” he cuts me off and lifts up my chin forcing me to make eye contact with him. I don’t know what it is but there is something about his dark brown eyes that makes me feel so calm and warm.  “It’s ok Maze you can ask me anything and I, I won’t lie to you not ever” he reassures me with a faint smile on his face and I believe him because all that Hoseok has tried to do ever since I met him was to make me smile.

“How do you know JB?” I ask him the question that has been dancing in my head for the past week.

“Well I owe him money, in the past I was in a dark place. My mum was diagnosed with cancer when I was only 14 so she couldn’t work meaning no food, no rent, we were hardly surviving to make matters worse my little sister was starting school so she needed new uniform as well” he pauses and begins to blink his eyes rapidly as if trying to keep back the tears and all I can do is hold his hand and rub his back trying to show him that’s its ok. I can’t believe he went through all of that and from the age of 14 but is still here today smiling.

“Its ok you can stop you don't need to explain” I tell him because I don’t want him to feel pressured to give me an explanation, it all seems too personal and I don’t want to invade his private life.

“No I do, she’s special you see and I would do anything for her so I asked JB for a loan thinking that he was my friend. Thanks to his money my mum got treatment and is now recovering and my sister is going to an art school, I'm grateful to him but he wants to kill me still” he sighs making me angry at JB. How can he be so selfish and inconsiderate like that? Yes I know he is a killer but I at least thought he showed mercy to children with dying parents but no. He is just a cold-hearted bastard who I wish I never met now.

“Because you didn’t pay him back? That's not fair you were only a kid, JB should let you off not kill you!” I exclaim frustrated at the whole situation. Why am I even surprised? I've seen him kill multiple times so what makes me believe that he would actually let Hoseok off? He is selfish and only wants his money that’s it. I was a fool to think that he could care for me.

“Please don’t be mad at him-”

“Too late, how dare he say he can hardly look at me when he’s the one in the wrong?!” I shake my head as I clench my jaw. Here I was feeling bad for ‘betraying him’ when he is a twisted cold-hearted killer.

“Maze he’s only looking out for his business” Hoseok defends him and all I can do is look at him amazed at how noble he is. How can he defend a man that wants him dead even though its for all the wrong reasons? I can’t let Hoseok die, there isn't enough noble men in this world and it would be a shame to lose him.

“No, I hate him” I spit meaning every single word.

“Hate is a vigorous word, to which one can never regain” I hear a smooth calming voice laced with a strong old-fashioned British accent beam from the door forcing me to turn around and make eye contact with a majestic dark-haired prince with plumped pink lips and dark thick eyebrows above his cute small eyes leaning against the door with his hands in his pocket giving me a smirk. I have never been in a situation where I felt as if I had no words to speak but today right now as I stare into this man’s eyes I feel as if I have forgotten how to breathe.

“Here comes the posh boy” I hear Hoseok chuckle but my eyes are still glued to the beautiful man standing by the door. He notices me staring and flips his dark hair out of his face before smiling at me forcing me to instantly look away.

“Oh run along dear Cousin, it is no time for you to be cracking jokes whilst you in this predicament now is there?” he walks straight past me and filling my nostrils with his sweet yet masculine scent. He sits by Hoseok on his hospital bed and smiles at him, I thought Mr. Kim was the most intelligent man alive but I was wrong. His speech is way broader and sophisticated it makes me melt on the spot, I can’t help but wonder who he is. “Now are you going to introduce me to this exquisite persona standing in front of me?” he asks Hoseok as he eyes me up and down. Thank goodness I'm black and you can’t see me blush.

“This is my wonderful friend Maze and Maze this is-”

“Park, Jimin Park at your service”